Total Fitness Gyms

Ally89

Gold Member
Does anyone go to a Total Fitness? I joined up on saturday after my treadmill broke and Mum persuaded me that joining the gym a 3 min walk from my house is cheaper than getting a newer/better tread...so we went over and i signed up, but just been reading reviews on total fitness and a lot have said they are rubbish, does anyone that goes one on here think that? Or are all these people just have really high expectations?

Also curious, i have my first...i suppose induction...tomorrow but he will do a health and fitness test with me as well as showing me round and whatnot, and he will try and come up with a plan based on my requirements e.g if i need more toning/weights or whatever. Did anyone else do these tests first time they went? What happens at them, what do you have to do?

Hi,

I've never been a member of total fitness, however I would always take online reviews with a pinch of salt. People generally talk about things that they haven't liked as opposed to things they have.

Tomorrow will likely be pretty casual, I'd imagine he'd show you around the building. What's where etc. he should show you all of the machinery and how it works, including weight machines. Some things they'll probably set you on an easy level and leave you for 5 or 10 minutes on things like the treadmill / X trainer.

He may weigh and measure you (some places do this to help you keep a record, some don't). If you don't want them to do that then just say. Some places also do blood pressure, measure your body fat (using either digital scales or calipers). I'd imagine then he'd ask you your goal (I.e. weight loss / toning) and create a programme for you based on that.

They're generally pretty good and relaxed. Anything you don't like or don't want to do then say, and anything that you're not sure about ask again. They're there to help you.

Finally, well done for signing up! Some people find it really daunting, but good for you! xx

I thought as much about the reviews, considering the best one in out town (which is a lot more expensive) also has a lot of bad reviews!

I know they do blood pressure/weight cos the girl told me that when i signed up but other than that i'm pretty clueless as to what happens, don't even know where I have to meet the guy, suppose i better ask at reception tonight.

I am pretty nervous about going tonight, but sure i'll be fine when i'm there, was scary signing up, especially on my own i hardly ever do stuff on my own, prefer to be with someone!

Back