total kettle bell newbie

porkscratching

Silver Member
I've been reading the threads here and I've wanted to try this for a while. I have a weak arm so would need a lighter weight than the 5kg for the one handed lifts at first - I was going to get the 5kg and 7.5 kg from Tesco but then found a set of 4 for £20 plus p and p
Palm Springs Fitness Kettle Bell Training Set - Get-Fit.co.uk Anyone any reviews on these before I buy ? ;)

They look ok but most on the forum prefer the cast iron bells to the plastic ones. The cast iron ones (like the ones TESCO does) are less bulky and usually have a vinyl coating.
All the best to you as you start this fun and effective exercise! :)

I agree, those plastic bells are very big and very slippery (when I started I bought some from Argos and wound up returning them very quickly). It's worth looking on the Argos website and eBay to see if they have cast iron bells in the sort of weight you are after, Amazon have them too but tend to be a bit pricier. The kettleworx branded ones are the most expensive ones I've seen (although I must say that the 5lb bell I got with my kettleworx DVD set is the most nicely made/finished bell I have!).

Happy swinging, let us know how you get on. :)

I agree, those plastic bells are very big and very slippery (when I started I bought some from Argos and wound up returning them very quickly). It's worth looking on the Argos website and eBay to see if they have cast iron bells in the sort of weight you are after, Amazon have them too but tend to be a bit pricier. The kettleworx branded ones are the most expensive ones I've seen (although I must say that the 5lb bell I got with my kettleworx DVD set is the most nicely made/finished bell I have!).

Happy swinging, let us know how you get on. :)

5lb? Would that be the 2kg one? Did you just use that one to start or a larger one as well? Tesco have a 3 for 2 offer on the 5kg and 7kg but don't do a smaller one ... it's such a dilemma - what size - kettleworx or kettlercise dvd - I've been scouring the net all day long! I'll put on weight at this rate :rolleyes:

Made a decision - ordered a kettlercise for women dvd with a 2 kg and weight and will get 2 of the 5 kg and one 7 kg one from Tesco (give a 5kg to my friend) when in the UK (God knows what the guys on the ferry will think I've got in my suitcase on the way home!). Right just have to wait til next week to start.....

Back