total solution - starting today - would love a diet buddy

portia

Hi. this is my first day of TS. Excited, nervou, worried, stressed out my head that i wont be bale to do i, that i will let myself down (again) that i wont lose weight....all of the daft ideas that go through your head.
I have put on several stone over the past 6 years - now weigh 14st4lbs and pretty much disgusted, hate myself, disappointed - all the usual mix of emotions. Have tried lots of diets which usually dont last long, then i fail, beat myself up, eat more, hate myself more......and so the pattern and cycle continue.
So whats different this time? well....... hopefully my hea dis in a better place. Also, my last kid left home to branch out on his own recently, so there is just me and hubby at home. so the time feels right to be focusing on myself. No more excuses about cooking different meals etc etc, having to have biscuits, crisps etc in for kids.
I want to lose the weight....REALLY want to. I feel like ive lost myself, lost my identity and sense of who i am as the weight has gone on. I now find myself at 42 years of age not really sure of who I am in terms of my hair, clothes, style etc. The clothes i like and used to wear dont fit and lok ridiculous on me. The clothes designed for 'bigger' people are horrible - i dont wat to wear tops with butterflies and sequins on. My husband and kids say to wear what i want, and tell me i look nice - but the mirror doesnt lie and I just feel uncomfortable so hide in standard issue black trousers and baggy tops.
This isnt meant to be a woeful story - just putting it out there - because to be honest i dont really admit any of this to anybody, its shameful and embarrassing to be this size. I have read lost of teh posts on here and hope that some of you will give me the support that i will need over teh coming days, weeks and months. In return i will offer my support to anyone who thinks it will help. It would be great to have someone who has recently started to talk to, but all offers gratefully received and will be responded to.
This is the heaviest ive been, but it IS IS IS the last time that my scales will show this number too.

Heres to day one!

There I started on Monday and weight 14st 3.5lbs looking to get down to 10st 7lbs so we have similar goals and weight to lose. I am more determined than ever to do this and will stop at nothing to reach my goal. I have found the last 5 days surprisingly easy and know it may be a rollercoaster ride but it will be worth it in the end. We will get there, all of us, if we just put our minds to it and take control of our weight. Any support you need I'm here xx

Thanks Holly, good to hear that you have found the first few days ok, I am finding it hard to remember to drink, at this rate wont have nearly reached the 3litre target. Must get myself more organised so that i make sure i get the water in!

Good luck - only 2 more days till your first weigh in - you must be excited!

Thanks Holly, good to hear that you have found the first few days ok, I am finding it hard to remember to drink, at this rate wont have nearly reached the 3litre target. Must get myself more organised so that i make sure i get the water in!

Good luck - only 2 more days till your first weigh in - you must be excited!

Hi Portia .....how are you doing? I am on Day 4. I was out this morning and there was a food festival. It smelt amazing, but it wasn't hard to walk straight past it. Good luck! Let's see how we both do in the first week eh? Never wanted a week over so fast before hehe

good luck, Im starting back tomorrow *sigh* I keep failing and its annoying and upsetting me but hoping as my family are on holiday I wont have any problems with going out for meals as they arent here to suggest them lol.

I have made a facebook page for my weightloss as well in the hopes it will help

hi all, good luck with being losers! I'm so excited for my weigh in, been having to really stop myself not getting on the scales for a peek!!! I keep make a 2 litre bottle of water up every night and put it in the fridge as well as 2 75cl bottles, i make sure i drink these everyday so im getting 3.5 litres plus the water in my shakes and soups, it becomes a task to achieve each day!

So excited for us all starting this journey!!

Hol

Welcome Portia and good luck. Your story will no doubt have resonated with lots of people on here, it certainly did with me. I can relate to all of the points you raise and I too do not talk to people close to me as unless they have walked in your shoes they just make placatary noises and as you say it is embarrassing. On here you can remain anonymous and get hints and tips from other folk who know exactly what you are going through.

Don't know if you have done a VLCD before but they really, really work. It is not a magic cure and you have to work at it, but do it properly and the results will amaze you. If you fall off the wagon get straight back on and you WILL get there. XX

Back