Extra Easy Totally blown it, let myself down

dipsy1512

As the title says I've really let myself down and I feel terrible but know its my own fault. I keep starting sw but then find a reason to give up more recently my hip operation. That was a huge excuse for me (can't do any exercise because physio says to take it slow, then no point in the meal plan because I'm not exercising) then the in-laws are coming at the weekend for a week or so, so no point trying as they are terrible eaters so I've put it off again. Thing is I have up smoking, well 18 months ago so the cravings have gone and since then combined with p**s poor excuses I'm the biggest I've ever been. It's dawned on me today that I'm now a size 16 and wear the same 4 items of clothes because they are the only ones that fit. I'm totally disgusted with myself, each time I look in the mirror reminds me of what I have done to myself. The in laws arrive Friday and we are out for a special meal next saturday then they stay for a week. So whilst I want to change their stay puts me on even more of a downer. I'd love to say oh yes I can stay on plan while they are here but it just won't happen without cooking separate meals (they are funny when it comes to food, nothing tastes right unless full fat. I have known fil to throw his dinner in the bin because it doesn't suit) and I don't want an atmosphere at the table each night.

I've turned into a huge horrid mess and feel so well huge I guess. What a silly silly girl :(

Sorry to moan but here is the place I can say how I feel without either (inlaw) you've put weight on or (hubby) babe you always look great to me, which is lovely but not really the point.

What! When I have visitors they eat what I eat. When I stay with someone I eat what they give me and thank then for it. I think you should just cook what you were going to cook without comment.

I agree with the above, if they don't like what you cook then they will have to get a take away or something. Stand up for yourself, you feel disgusting so take charge and do something about it.

Size 16 is far from huge though! So don't think you're disgusting :( x

Tell em bugger off n buy a take away and eat it on the door step. As for not doing the plan because you couldn't exercise, you can... I lost 4st with very little exercise last time I did Sw.

Remember who you are doing this for, I know for me, I can't measure, weigh and count syns until I'm completely ready, took me to pile 2st back on to realise I had to do something before I have 4 stone or more to lose again..

Being off the plan can only do more damage than being on it, unless you act now (if your really ready) then you may be back in a few months time complaining your a size 18 or 20... It's easily done, trust me :(

Good luck on your journey and this forum is my Sw home and support.

Like I said send the in laws packing for their own food if they don't like yours ;)

I have spells where i do no excercise but stick to sw and still lose weight as for catering for family just Cook sw friendly meals n dont tell em last time my dad came to stay he lost half a Stone in a week he was sceptical but would never ask me to Cook diff meals now he makes it a challenge for how much i can make him loose in a week so i up the speed and super speed foods lol

Thanks for the replies. I need to get myself sorted out. As for the inlaws, they are food snobs so I will just have to put up with the critism I guess. Need to figure out a meal plan and write it all down and go from there

Thanks again

Hi Dipsy, the really bravest thing you could do, is get yourself off to a group this week, and buy a 12 week countdown, and face how you're really feeling. There are a lot of meals you can make that don't use low fat stuff, chilli's, spag bol, stews, casseroles, roast dinners. But you want to do this for you, not anyone else. It doesn't matter if you're size 20 or size 14, if you're not happy with yourself it effects everything, your self esteem and confidence to your relationships with other people and even going shopping. You can stick to this, it is a great way to lose weight. There's loads of support for you in the right group. You really can do it! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the replies. I need to get myself sorted out. As for the inlaws, they are food snobs so I will just have to put up with the critism I guess. Need to figure out a meal plan and write it all down and go from there

Thanks again
if they are food snobs get to aldi and get some smoked salmon (syn free) smoked mackerel(aldis is syn free) and steak (fillet lol) also syn free show them how to be a snob sw style i get aldi and lidls cured breasola (cured beef a bit like parma ham)(its lovely and half a syn for the whole pack)ponsy veg and ponsy potatoes ..... you can be a food snob and on sw :D

You can most definitely be food snobby on SW!!! They wont notice if you dont tell them. Curries with a tomato base, spag bol, chili, stir fries, theres loads you can make. And tbh, if they are rude enough to comment on your cooking I would politely tell them to F off. Have a word with your husband if you dont feel confident enough to stand up to them.

I found myself wearing a size 22 last year by telling myself I will start next week, i'll do it when the weather gets warmer, when DS1 goes back to school, when the baby is sleeping through the night etc. I had a million reasons to put it off, but I just kept getting bigger and bigger. Dont wait hun, start now. i havent lost a huge amount yet, but I am already seeing such a difference in my confidence.

I agree with everyone above, fillet steak, tuna steaks, the orange terrine in one of the magazines is brilliant and looks great aswell. We had it after our sw roast last night.

Thanks everyone, I've never been to aldi so ill have to have a look and see where my nearest is. Just need to find my confidence now and willpower and then I'm off. Thanks again xx

aldi does some serious food snob food at good prices ....i have to say im a food snob:eek: and i shop at aldi and lidl the quality of the food is fantastic and tasty lidl even sell venison and lobster the smoked salmon is fab as are the cooked and cured meats and the veg is great too

aldi does some serious food snob food at good prices ....i have to say im a food snob:eek: and i shop at aldi and lidl the quality of the food is fantastic and tasty lidl even sell venison and lobster the smoked salmon is fab as are the cooked and cured meats and the veg is great too
Aldi do some lovely posh type food x

Back