Totally depressed....

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by my_girl, 9 April 2011 Social URL.

1. my_girl

my_girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have spent all day struggling to find some nice trousers and ended up in tears in New Look when a size 18 wouldnt even get past my thighs :cry:.

2 years ago I was in a comfy 14 and Im gutted! Its given me determination to get on and lose the weight though so Ive been shopping, stocked up and am preparing for my weigh in in the morning - dreading finding out my starting weight!x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. B's lovely lady

B's lovely lady Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(7.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world Green days
    I know it's hard, but once youve got your start weight you can begin your successful journey! Good luck, it's a new start and your in the right place. There's lots of support and motivation here, you can do it!!!! Xxx

4. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just look at the scales and say to them, thats the last time you'll see "insert weight here" take it half a stone at a time. Good luck xx

5. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

You hav taken the first step and faced reality. It won;t get any harder before long you will be losing weight again :)

6. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    write down exactly how you felt in that shop, title it "I never want to feel this way again!!", print it out and laminate it then stick it to the fridge / goodies cupboard as a reminder for the dark days ahead when the wagon tries to buck you off ( we all have them.. you won't be the only one.... )

7. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would also recommend buying those trousers. Hang them up where you can see them and make it your first goal to get into them. That's what I have been doing - gives me something that I can see to prove that I am losing (aside from what the scales say, of course!) something to work towards, and of course, any excuse for new clothes :D

8. largelesley

largelesley Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Dont feel bad you are going to do something about it and thats the hard part you could have so easily took the easy way out and new look are smaller sizes good luck lesley

9. Roziee

Roziee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(23.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's what I've done :) I bought some pyjamas but they were too tight but I'm not going to give them back and will prove to myself that I have lost weight when they are nice and snug on me!

Being over weight is such a psychological nightmare, but please don't be sad. Change your life, we all are doing it and so can you. We are all here for you, I promise.

Rozie.

10. Medusa

Medusa Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    my-girl - you have done absolutely the right thing. How easy would it have been to get depressed and seek refuge in the largest bar of chocolate you could find? But you didn't. You decided to take control and do something about it. So this is as bad as it's going to get. Trust me. ;)

Three months ago I was in the same boat. I'm now 2 stone lighter and a pair of jeans I could not get passed my thighs in January slid on without effort last Saturday. :cool:

I have an amazing LBD in my wardrobe - a perfect power dress for the office. I can't get that past my bum at the moment but another two stone and I'll be in it. :D

The black office trousers I was wearing in January I've had to bin and the next size down I moved into are already a little baggy.

Take it slowly and give yourself small achievable goals. And you CAN do it. :)

11. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    And don't just bin your old clothes ( ok, you're allowed to cerimoniously set fire to ONE item of clothing if you feel the need to banish "the old you".. :) ), put them on the "clothes exchange" thread on here.. there may be someone comming down from higher up than you who could use them for a while.. ( no point buying a new wardrobe in every size as you go down to where you want to be.. )
    likewise, have a look on there yourself, you might find something to tide you over on your journey to the smaller you you want to be.

12. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Or car boot them like I did today £83 ty plz xx :)

13. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You are in the right place here.

As you can see the encouragement, advice and help are fantastic.

stick with it and those trousers will soon be sliding past your slimmer thighs.

Good luck.

14. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    :):) I was going to suggest something similar to this!

It's hard just now, but you will get past this. At my slimmest I used to be within touching distance of a size ten and I do feel really fed up sometimes to think I'm back to where I am now. But I have been bigger than this and got back to here :). You will do this, take it one day at a time and try not to spend too much time feeling bad about where you used to be.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.