Totally discusted with myself!!!!!!

Hi.. I guess you could say Im new here! I just checked my last - and only - post and I was 18 at the time and moaning about being 13 stone, well here i am, almost 22 years old and 17 and a half stone!!!!!! Im completely disgusted that I let myself go so much and would love some help getting me down to a healthy weight! I started a diet 2 days ago and have lost 1 or 2lbs but I havent got stuck into it at all (i just had a bowl of super noodles YUCK) however i plan on being very strict starting from when I wake up. Im finding this sooo hard as I was recently diagnosed with PCOS which is slowing my weight loss down (i used to lose it so quick and easy) now im lucky if i lose 1lb a week. I need to lose a very large amount in a relativity short period of time...im going on holiday in exactly 1 year. Im willing to put the work in, and as I am currently unemployed, I have all the spare time in the world. My partner works in the leisure center in town so i get to go to gym/swim/sports hall for free, however the 1st two i hate doing because of my size (ironic... i know) Sorry for the long intro, Im just hoping someone thats in a similar situation can help me a little, i find it easier to lose weight with a bit of healthy competition, we could compare weekly loss or something? any helps appreciated! diet tips, exercise, anything!!

thank you so much for taking the time to read all this!!!
:sigh:

You don't say which 'diet' you are doing. There is a PCOS support forum on here you may want to take a look at that if you haven't already.

Also I'd set yourself small goals, 'a lot to lose in 1 year' can seem a bit daunting, why not break it down to 1/2 stone goals, this may make it easier to stick to as you can see what you are achieving. Walking is a free exercise, if you search for walks in your area you'll find lots of nice places to go. Again you could set yourself small goals here, eg walk for 20mins per day, then gradually increase it.

Hi and welcome to minis, which diet are you following?

I've been doing Slimming World for over a year, have lost 3 stone, could have been more if I'd stuck to it properly, the weight came off last year but then has sort of stabilised for the last 10 months with holidays and no exercise, need to get back on it.

It can be done and you sound motivated, you have the perfect opportunity with free gym and no work at the moment, seize that with both hands, don't worry about your size as people won't judge you, they'll just think you're good to be trying to do something about it.

I was the same weight as you when I started and that's when I also joined a gym, you could potentially go every day and do something different each day.

You certainly don't need to be eating just supernoodles, the food you can have on SW is fantastic.

Good luck on your journey x

And I forgot to say I have PCOS as well so know it can be hard but I put that to the back of my mind and just get on with it, I hope you can too, only because I don't want it to become a block which I focus on and prevents me doing something about my weight but obviously everyone is different x

Hi, thanks both of you :) I dont have a particular diet I am following, I'm going to eat 4 300 calorie meals a day plus raw fruit and veggies whilst drinking lots of water. I have the advantage that my fiance is also an aces coach (he teaches obese children and their famillies how to lose weight) so I know what food I should be eating, its just the motivation to actually eat it!

Well done HPSaucy! thats a great amount to lose in a year, especially with PCOS and you said there were times you could have stuck to it more.

i know that I should be following a low GI diet, but i find alot of those foods I dont like and would find it hard to sick to, however i might have a go,once i lose half a stone ill be so motivated to lose more!

thanks for your help! x

Hiya and welcome! :)

I've noticed that you said that you don't like going to the gym... I hate the gym too.... The one near me just has lots of guys that are already slim haha....

Do you have a Wii? I find the WiiFit is excellent and it's really fun and enjoyable...

Might be something to think about getting, if you don't have one...

I'm calorie counting and weigh the same as you if you find that motivating I'm also joining the gym , and agree with setting yourself mini goals

Like my goal is to lose 16 lbs by the end of August there brilliant ways of keeping you on track because they don't seem to far away , I do a food journal and blog posts on recipes check my threads out :)

Hi thank you both!

I dont have wiifit, i got rid of it after i found that i used it for 2 months solid then was totally sick of it and never looked at it again!! I have kinect for xbox which i like much better, but to be honest i think ill just make myself go to the gym 3 days a week, and play badminton 2 days.

I like your goal of losing 16lbs by the end of august, i think ill try that one too! I had a good day today, but am determined to get up at a decent time tomorrow so i can have 4 small meals a day, i find at the moment i am skipping breakfast since i sleep right through it!! this makes me want to snak more at night also.

I think ill also start a weight loss blog to keep myself going,

ill have a look ay your threads and thanks for all the advice! :)

Yeh it works out at 2lbs a week and I've lost 4 this week so I'm pretty happy , I also have a blog which is more beauty based but since healthy eating I have put a healthy eating post and got some recipes to type up to :)

Check it out if you like :)

Last edited by a moderator:
elecia i love you blog!! what height are you? you dont look nearly as big as me!! we have very similar hobbies, i love make up, and doing my nails :D im also going to greece next year which is my main motivator for getting the weight off:)

Ahhh it was suppose to be my main motivation but I didn't , but I lost weight while I was on hoilday so that's why I'm here now :) I'm 5'9 wbu :) ? Brilliant I think you should defo start a blog then so we can follow each other xxxx

Back