Totally gobsmacked!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Ok, this is a cheeky little question, but surely it can't just be our group........................

We have a private facebook page for members only and one of our older ladies ( she has lost 4 stone) posted yesterday -

''Are hi fi bars a healthy extra?''

I nearly choked on my slice of swiss roll when I read it and texted my consultant who then replied diplomatically.

This lady has been coming to group for over 2 years so either she hasn't opened her book or listened to anything anyone says in image therapy.

It's not the first time this has happened though - sometimes when our consultant asks someone which plan they are following they just smile and gaze blankly at her, which leads to my assumption that some people only pick up their book when it's weigh in day and some just basically stop eating rubbish but dont really follow the plan, meaning that they will still lose weight.

I am quite shocked by this - if I have a bad week I often pick up my book and re read it just to refresh myself - in January they upped the weights of quite a lot of several of the healthy extras but I am sure most people haven't sussed this one out yet - ah well it's their loss.

I also can't quite get my head around people that will say ''oh I ate a chicken whatever from tescos and when I looked it up it was 28 syns''.

If you want to come to SW and lose weight then at least FOLLOW THE PLAN!!!!

That's my Monday morning rant over - time for brekkie .............now is bacon free on any of the plans? LOL xxxx

Am not worried lol, was just dumbfounded that she didn't know about the hi fi bars x

There's a girl been going to our group for about a year and a half, and up until a month ago she'd not discovered HiFi's either.

I think it depends what people like. I ate a lot of cereal bars before SW, so have bought HiFi's since my first ever week. Some people might prefer to eat cereal/bread though, so they focus on that, and don't even bat an eyelid at the HiFi's/Alpen Lights, etc.

I don't think anybody knows everything there is to know about SW, no matter how long they have been following the plan or how much weight they have lost.

I started at class last week but read and read and read some more about SW before I went - including every forum on here. 3 of us started together and 1 girl looked completely blank the whole way through the induction and asked some really strange questions - she did not stay for Image Therapy and I can guess who will have the best weight loss on Thursday;).

There's a girl been going to our group for about a year and a half, and up until a month ago she'd not discovered HiFi's either.

I think it depends what people like. I ate a lot of cereal bars before SW, so have bought HiFi's since my first ever week. Some people might prefer to eat cereal/bread though, so they focus on that, and don't even bat an eyelid at the HiFi's/Alpen Lights, etc.

I don't think anybody knows everything there is to know about SW, no matter how long they have been following the plan or how much weight they have lost.

Yes, but my point is that some of them dont even seem to know the basics lol. We have a really well stocked shop next to the paying point with every hi fi bar going. Someone also posted last week ''is pasta free?'' and I just cant understand how they claim to be following the plan but haven't really looked at it x

I reckon there are three reasons for that:

1) she never really ate cereal bars much before so it's a new thing...

2) she doesn't follow the plan 100% and is using SW as a 'coffee morning' to meet up with people (weight loss is a by product)

3) she wanted to post on the Facebook page but didn't really have anything to contribute, so she asked a question that will definitely get some responses!

I reckon there are three reasons for that:

1) she never really ate cereal bars much before so it's a new thing...

2) she doesn't follow the plan 100% and is using SW as a 'coffee morning' to meet up with people (weight loss is a by product)

3) she wanted to post on the Facebook page but didn't really have anything to contribute, so she asked a question that will definitely get some responses!

1 + 2 - probably but , 3 - I genuinely don't think she knew lol x

The syn value one always gets me, check before eating!!!

I honestly think people don't read their books from one week to the next, something my consultant mentions a lot.

I think the whole group should get the new member talk from time to time, it would be an eye opener!!!

The syn value one always gets me, check before eating!!!

I honestly think people don't read their books from one week to the next, something my consultant mentions a lot.

I think the whole group should get the new member talk from time to time, it would be an eye opener!!!

Our consultant does do a refresher talk every so often but I think it falls on deaf ears.

I have often bought stuff from tescos that I think will be low syn but when I get home and look it up I get a shock. It is then banished to the freezer lol.

Of course, now I have my fancy new iphone with SW app I wont be doing that again x

Could she be taking the pi$$? Some people have that kind of wind-up sense of humour..

I did spot hifi bars in poundland a year or 2 ago, think they must have been discontinued lol I recognised them cos my aunty had previously tried slimming world

Doesn't it say on the packet?

Back