Totally new and looking for info/ advice

fattifi

Hello,

I am currently doing slim and save total meal replacment until 16th August, when I hope to be a stone from goal. I'm stopping then as I am off on a romantic weekend break somewhere (London I think), totally organised by my OH!

When I get back I want to change diets, as total meal replacement isn't sustainable for life and counting calories does my nut in! So was thinking of slimming world as people tell me how good it is. I have scowered the website for info and got what I can, I know there are different plans, syns, free foods and extra free foods, but I don't know what each plan entails, what 'free foods' are (veg I assume?) or which would be best for me.

I'm looking for something easily sustainable, preferably for life, that will help me lose that final stone and keep it off. I don't want to join and then realise it isn't for me!

Thanks in advance

Hi, all i can say is join your nearest club. you'l get booklets with information explaining it all. Its the best 'diet' ive done,(its a lifestyle change for me) and most easiest for me my husband and 2yr oldson. x

Slimming world is a lifestyle change (my friend told me this before I joined and I thought she was talking rubbish!) but it really is! It is flexible and I never feel like I'm missing out on anything. Once you reach your target you can attend meetings for free to ensure you stay around your goal weight. Good luck!

There's currently an offer which will give you a free week which means you only pay £9.95 (£5 to join and £4.95 for your first week)!

Like other posters have said, in that first week you will get taught everything and given all your books.
Maybe put yourself down as a 'Shift Worker' when you sign up and as long as you tell your consultant on the day that you can't make it, you won't have to pay. I have just had 7 weeks off from group this way as I technically work shifts :)

Also they don't have your payment details so if you do decide it's not for you (and I would hope that isn't the case!) then just find something else.

I cannot preach enough about how amazing Slimming World is. I wished I had started it years ago, I have tried losing weight the traditional way (counting calories) and with SW I can have SO much food, enjoy a take-away now and again and get on with my life. I truly believe that I will get to my target soon and then be able to stay there for the rest of my life.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and let us know how you get on :)

Hello,

I am currently doing slim and save total meal replacment until 16th August, when I hope to be a stone from goal. I'm stopping then as I am off on a romantic weekend break somewhere (London I think), totally organised by my OH!

When I get back I want to change diets, as total meal replacement isn't sustainable for life and counting calories does my nut in! So was thinking of slimming world as people tell me how good it is. I have scowered the website for info and got what I can, I know there are different plans, syns, free foods and extra free foods, but I don't know what each plan entails, what 'free foods' are (veg I assume?) or which would be best for me.

I'm looking for something easily sustainable, preferably for life, that will help me lose that final stone and keep it off. I don't want to join and then realise it isn't for me!

Thanks in advance

Have you read the newbie thread in the sticky section above? Unless you are vegetarian you will likely start on extra easy and your free foods would be lean meat and fish, pasta, rice, noodles, potatoes, grains like cous cous, lentils, pulses, fat free dairy, eggs, quorn, tofu and soya. Fruit and veg would be your superfree :)

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. Getting excited about starting now! I actually am a shift woker so it's good to know how that works!

Back