Totally new to this...

Mel Hutchy

Hi, I signed up almost 2 years ago but never started until now! Shocking I know. I have had a kick up the bum because of the horrendous comments I've had from work so I must shift weight but I can't help but eat CONSTANTLY I wouldn't say I was hugely overweight but I do fall in to the overweight category for my height :( can people please advise me on what I can snack on that is not just fruit and veg that is either free or low syns? I don't my shopping today and attempted the fakeaway salt n pepper chicken which was lovely but everything seems to take ages to prepare? Sorry to moan but if people could help me to get started I would REALLY appreciate it! Many thanks xx

Hi Mel, I'm in a similar situation. I signed up to this site years ago but never really used it and I've just now realised what an amazing network it is for advice etc. Are you doing slimming world then? I assume you are because you said low syn and free...

I recently started doing Slimming world at home alone because it has worked very well for me in the past. I managed to lose 1.5 stone when I was at university but a lot of time has gone by since then and some pretty rubbish life events have lead to my over eating, developing a terrible comforting relationship with food, destroyed self esteem and an excessive weight gain.

Well done for taking control again and recognising you need to do something to help yourself. I would recommend getting signed up to pintrest for low syn and syn free ideas for snacks. There are all sorts. Home made low syn Haribo style sweets (I'm talking a whole bowl for only 1 or 2 syns) they use gelatine which has to be synned and then yogurt and sugar free jelly. Syn free nachos made out of lasagne sheets boiled and then seasoned (with a seasoning of your choice), cut into triangles and put in the oven to get crunchy.

If you're like me then you struggle with the idea of having carrot sticks and home made hummus for every snack... I made some syn free pancakes earlier it literally took me 10 mins from start to eating. 1 banana, 1 egg and a tablespoon of sweetner. Blend together and fry with frylight. Optional tablespoon of maple syrup for 2 syns.

Hoping to be on here more often now so let me know if you want to support each other through some weight loss.
Hope this helped.

Turns out that the banana pancakes aren't syn free :( cooked fruit is syn'd I FORGOT!!! 5 syns for them and I had been eating them all week!!! Still lost 3lbs though so I'm hoping for an excellent loss this week now that I know I've been over eating on syns and still lost weight! Hope my previous comment didn't hurt your own weight loss!

Back