Totally Off topic - eyelash growth serums!!!

clararose

Hi everyone, this is totally off the topic of diets, but has anyone got any reports on eyelash growth serums? I have short eyelashes and somehow don't suit false lashes, so have been having eyelash extensions for the last 6 months or so. I totally love them, they look so natural however, i'm quite a restless sleeper and must touch my eyes a lot whilst asleep as my extensions only last around a week, when they should last 2-3 weeks. Also, my natural miserable lashes are now worse due to having the extensions done and so i'm now looking at buying a serum. There is so much stuff about them on the internet, mostly conflicting, so just wondering what you guys think of them or if any of you have tried them.

C
x

I'd be really interested to know this too. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with false lashes, they just don't look right on me, no idea why.

I'd be really interested to know this too. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with false lashes, they just don't look right on me, no idea why.

Hi there, well i was told at a 'MAC' counter it was because we all have different shape eyes and that most on the market are suited to a 'round' eye shape, mine are more almond shape (she said) but honestly, i look like a drag queen with them on, lash extensions are fab but don't last me, and cost a lot of money. I've just started using 'rapidlash' one of the more affordable lash growth serums so i'll let you know how i get on.

C

Thanks for that. Yeah, it's weird because I trowel on the make-up and mascara...but false eyelashes just look odd on me. I wonder if it is something to do with the shape of my eyes, although, mine definitely aren't almond shaped, more, big and round (a bit like the rest of me:eek:!). Yeah, I've looked at extensions, but that's what would put me off, the ongoing costs as I imagine you'd get used to the look and want to keep it up.

Yeah, thanks, I'd be really interested to hear if rapid lash actually works. I was going to buy it when it first came out, but the woman at the makeup counter said she'd tried it and no success...then again..she did 'luckily' have a suggestion of a pricy eyelash primer which she was convinced would be great...it wasn't!

I'll let you know how i get on with it. I bought it off amazon as it was a lot cheaper than boots, £17.00 cheaper!!! Now that makes me cross lol
I love the look with extensions, they are just addictive, i so hate my own eyelashes even more than before now, never mind, let hope this serum works

Are you using the one they sell in boots for both eyelashes and brows? - Im not sure of the brand name. If so, my mum used it and said it worked so well on her eyebrows but not her lashes :(

We've both had extensions - I found the same as you, they fall out way quicker than they are supposed to. very expensive too. Im going to try express lashes next - they are cheaper and quicker to apply, might last even shorter tho!

Are you using the one they sell in boots for both eyelashes and brows? - Im not sure of the brand name. If so, my mum used it and said it worked so well on her eyebrows but not her lashes :(

We've both had extensions - I found the same as you, they fall out way quicker than they are supposed to. very expensive too. Im going to try express lashes next - they are cheaper and quicker to apply, might last even shorter tho!

Hi, yes that's the one, it's called 'rapidlash' i'm using it on my eyebrows too. Shame it doesn't work on lashes :-( there is a one called lattise or something like that with lots of good reviews but you need a prescription for it, think people can get it easier in the US but it's very expensive, around £130 so i've heard.

What are 'express lashes' ??
C

They are a type of eyelash extension but you can keep getting them filled in like the normal ones - therefore better for you. You have them for two weeks then they needed to be taken out. They work the same as normal ones - one false fitted to one real lash, apart from they are in clusters of 5. So you get 5 false to one natural lash. They cost so much less too - my normal extensions cost £80 a go whereas express lash costs £35!

How long have you been using rapidlash? I think you should keep going with it, you never know, it may work for you!

thanks for that, i've had them before, and yes, much cheaper, however, my individual ones only cost £45 and £25 for infills. the other lashes are only £15 however, big difference in price.

Only been using it since saturday, so have a long way to go! Will defo keep you updated though x

I've been using revitalash for about 4 weeks now and starting to notice a difference in length and thickness of my lashes. I also use any excess on my eyebrows and they look better too. They say it takes 1-2 months. One of my colleagues at work has been using it for 6 months and her lashes are incredible. Word of warning though, it does make my eye lids a bit red and sore in the morning( gone by lunchtime) but I'm vain enough to suffer it. Could see it putting other people off tho, plus its expensive!

My mom suggested me to use Xlash Eyelash Growth Serum. Just like you even I had damaged my eyelashes because of extensions and I have gone through the pain of seeing my real eyelashes breaking off whist trying to remove my extensions. Its been three weeks that iIhave been using this serum and it definetaly works. It has repaired my damaged eyelashes and given them a new strength. My lashes are now healthy and curly.

Back