Totally OT: MIL 50th Birthday Present

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
Right I know this is totally off topic, but I am getting really desperate... My hubby is Australian and his parents live in Australia and they are coming over in a few days for her 50th Birthday, she wants to celebrate her half century with her family as my BIL also lives in UK.... so problem arises of what to buy her, obviously nothing to bulky or heavy as she needs to get it back to Oz, we cannot afford the fine jewellery she likes, plus bit cliche, so the other evening I thought about an Ipod, either the new shuffle or Nano and have it engraved which Apple do for you, hubby thought it an excellent idea as everyone can put messages on it for her birthday and she can either keep them or transfer them to her computer... but... now the tricky part... the most up ot date one which we can afford at £59 only has space for 2 lines of 14 characters each line, and is a bit limited on what we can put, the next one up is £109 but has 2 lines of 29 characters each...
We call ourselves "The Tribe", me, hubby and kids, so would sign of with "The Tribe" saving space on names, but have absolutely no idea of what we could put which would be personal, denote that she received it for her 50th birthday and says who it is from. If anyone has any ideas please either for the smaller one (preferable) or for the larger one can you please help.. I am useless at these things and so is DH....
Thank you.

Ipod is a great idea.. haven't really got any ideas for the actual message, but you could put all the songs that were number 1 the year she was born on it.

Happy 50th love
always The Tribe x

Oooh like both those ideas, thank you

we were stuck for ideas for my mum's 70th but we got her one of those digital photoframes and loaded it with pics of all the family and grandchildren. seems to me this could work for you too, they're not too expensive or heavy or bulky and since they live so far away it would be good to have to remind her of the visit in picutres

She got one of those for Christmas, we had to email photos over so her son who lives with her could put them on the frame.... great idea though....

Back