TOTM- question for the girls!

Sez

has started again!!
I am sure this has been asked before but here goes.

Is this my age or LL, I am 43. My periods havent really changed so far on LL, apart from becoming shorter, and heavier with some really awful flooding at times. (Period starts normally, stops for a day then......... whoosh) Sorry if too much info.

My most recent one was shorter than ever, about one day, and not heavy at all. I doubt I am pregnant, heaven forbid, two children is more than enough for us and I work with 27 5 year olds every day too!!!! LOL!

Is it my age or my diet doing this? I have always had a very regular & reliable cycle. could set a clock by it, in fact!

I would love to ask my Mum, to see what her forties brought her, but sadly she died about 3 1/2 years ago, and its no good at all asking DAd what he remembers!

I would really apprecaite your input in this one please.....

Can't help you with this one sorry Sez, all I can say is that mine have gone a lot more regular and apart from that the only difference is that they're not quite as heavy as they were before.

Hopefully someone will be along with some better info for you soon.

Several people have mentioned periods stopping whilst on LL so it could be yours are heading the same way. Mine are generally shorter and heavier than before but do vary with a tendency to stop and start like yours. I am also 43 so I think its probably a bit of both but I know my mum did go through the menopause in her late 40's early 50's so there is a good chance the same will happen to me.

Personally I wouldn't worry unless they become extremely painful - unless your usual pattern doesn't resume when you finish the diet. However I don't know anything worth knowing about the various problems that people can suffer from in this department so maybe someone else will advise differently.

Hi Sez

It is early days for me on LL but I am about the same age as you. About 18 months ago I had a similar pattern emerge with some really quite terrible flooding. I discovered that I was anaemic and once that was under control then periods returned to normal.
If it continues may be worth getting the doc to check bloods.

Thats been a definite downside to my weight loss, my periods are becoming much more regular. I hate it.

Probably slightly shorter and definitely heavier, definitely going to mention it to my doctor next visit

Hi Sez

I posted a similar thread but with the OPPOSITE problem; mine have stopped completely! I am trying to conceive for first baby (after half a decade, still hopeful!) so was getting concerned that nothing had appeared! Have had a couple of phatom cycles - pain, mood swings, lethargy but no more!

Several people responded so take a look at what they said. Sorry, can't find the link. I mentioned this issue to my GP who said once I start eating properly, TOTM should return. Interestingly, a couple of Minis said it took 3-4 months! Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys! Will chat with my GP next time I visit!!! Being female sucks sometimes doesnt it!!

It surely does today cos I've got the most horrid period pains, feel all out of kilt and have cos of this just scraped the paint off hubbys car on the wheel arch while I was parking on the drive .... something I've done thousands of times and never touched the walls before!

Be glad when it's tomorrow!

Back