Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Rod the Bass

The Outlaw Torn
yeah just enjoy yourself, keep on shovelling it in, keep on chasing the same old tail, keep on losing the same three pounds a fortnight, keep on sitting on the sofa watching stuff that ain't real, keep on wishing you had willpower, keep on trashing your head, liver and kidneys at the weekend, keep on posting how weak you are and keep on reaping the sympathy from the rest of the interweb weaklings who have the same keep on issues as you....

thats what they are telling you on the other threads

but here, the truth runs about naked

DISCUSS

stung into silence by my harsh words at TL HQ I think

thats cool, maybe they're out pounding the pavement eh sister ??? LOL

good to see you are back on the jazz and heading for home, well done

I hope i am not too guilty of chit chat... I know the period thing may have been part of the issue!

It was weight-related though. And tough love helped me :)

loving the extra thread - now us sisters can talk about what we want with no TL from the boys! :)

Be aware though bassers - this is still in the TL spirit so any cheating will be reported back to HQ.......

Sparty, it's not just the girls lounge

I might need jeans advice one day.....:eek:

image-37084018.jpg

Worked out his pic thing!! My brekkie this weekend. Not a carb in sight for me!!

jezzi999 said:
Completely off topic but something I saw today that have me a warm glow... been volunteering in the homeless sector for years, and while most are just temporarily homeless and then sort things out, sadly sometimes there are people that you think there is literally no hope for. So deep in the drink and drugs that there is nothing that can be done for them.

6 years ago I met a woman so far down this route that I thought there was no hope for her. So permanently drunk and drugged up that her speech was completely incoherent. Every time I saw her I genuinely wondered if it might be the last.

Then last December she turned up for this years Crisis Christmas shelter. Sober. As a volunteer. Coherent. Clean - in both senses. To say we were all shocked - and ecstatic - is an understatement.

Today I was reading a story on the BBC news website and saw this, with a video from her (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18798793). If you watch her video story you will see that none of us volunteers can claim credit for this - this is something she did herself, off her own back. We couldn't have done this for her however hard we tried.

When I started posting this I thought it was completely off topic but maybe its not as far as I though. I guess it shows that even when everyone's given up on you, when you've given up on yourself, when there's no hope, you can still change. And people along the way can help, but only you can decide to change and only you can actually do it.

So yeah, off topic, a bit soft and fluffy, but inspiring none the less.

Aw that's a nice story. And I agree whatever your demon whether it's drugs drink or food the only person who can help you is yourself

Just found the chit-chat thread! :) Lou - chin up chick, these things are sent to try us and trying you they are big stylee. Jezzi - truly heart-warming and hopefully she will continue to fight her demons.

On another note, have you noticed how many times Rod "I'm not interested in jeans" has mentioned new jeans since he dropped a waist size? Don't know who he's trying to kid there that he ain't bothered! And in my opinion he should be bothered as its a positive step in the right direction and a tangible sign of his achievement. I will be selecting one of my new bras to wear tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it. It's proof positive of a great thing I am doing for myself!

Right that's tea ready. A small baked potato with a mahoosive pile of salad, followed by strawberries and a small piece of cheese. Yum! x

Cat Lover Sue said:
Just found the chit-chat thread! :) Lou - chin up chick, these things are sent to try us and trying you they are big stylee. Jezzi - truly heart-warming and hopefully she will continue to fight her demons.

On another note, have you noticed how many times Rod "I'm not interested in jeans" has mentioned new jeans since he dropped a waist size? Don't know who he's trying to kid there that he ain't bothered! And in my opinion he should be bothered as its a positive step in the right direction and a tangible sign of his achievement. I will be selecting one of my new bras to wear tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it. It's proof positive of a great thing I am doing for myself!

Right that's tea ready. A small baked potato with a mahoosive pile of salad, followed by strawberries and a small piece of cheese. Yum! x

Hahaha you are funny pussy lover. I had some carbs for tea I'm so bunged up so used all my cals up for the day. I had mushy peas ;) that should do the trick lol.

I've just asked on tough love thread but I'll ask here too. Does anyone do 30 day shred? Every time I do jumping jacks and butt kicks I get a stabbing pain on one side at the bottom of my stomach. I got it months ago and thought I pulled a muscle but, I got it again tonight and it's the first time I've done it in months. It's like being stabbed but as soon as I stop it stops. Weird.

I am debating 30DS but I think it may actually be the death of me. I have sciatica and joint pains (due to excess weight) so I think that until I lose at least a stone or two I need to stick to low impact, or I will do myself some damage.

yeah it does hurt your knees, dont do it if you have specific problems. or try it and take it easy. it really messes you up though hahaha, im done in!!

I did it in the past, it's a killer (in a good way), and I just modify some parts when I think I'm damaging myself. I have sore muscles for days on 30ds, and truly believe it's one of the most time efficient training sessions. I have never managed it 2 days on the trot.

I also do some of the workouts from Zuzana Light (free on her YouTube channel) - I recommend the "burpee torture" and "Bang Bang" workouts, all high intensity intervals. There are also loads from bodyrock.tv

lisajade said:
I did it in the past, it's a killer (in a good way), and I just modify some parts when I think I'm damaging myself. I have sore muscles for days on 30ds, and truly believe it's one of the most time efficient training sessions. I have never managed it 2 days on the trot.

I also do some of the workouts from Zuzana Light (free on her YouTube channel) - I recommend the "burpee torture" and "Bang Bang" workouts, all high intensity intervals. There are also loads from bodyrock.tv

You sound like the exercise queen!!!! I'm going to get this pain sorted Monday. My friend thinks it may be a hernia as it hurts at other times.... If u catch my drift and I don't want to end up knackered!!!! I'll do the DVD but think I'll modify the jumping exercises for the punches so my heart rate is up but it's not leaving me laying on floor clutching my stomach lol

conlou1 said:
You sound like the exercise queen!!!! I'm going to get this pain sorted Monday. My friend thinks it may be a hernia as it hurts at other times.... If u catch my drift and I don't want to end up knackered!!!! I'll do the DVD but think I'll modify the jumping exercises for the punches so my heart rate is up but it's not leaving me laying on floor clutching my stomach lol

I have tried most things, but have stuck with none of them. Exercise is an area I am so interested in (I loved weight training before the weight piled on), but I can be disgustingly lazy.

I really never thought that I could be as enthusiastic about exercise as I am now. I'm in a place where I want to explore everything all once but I'm just trying to focus on Running and Swimming at the moment. After I've run my 5K in October, I'm going to give the 30 Day Shred a whirl- since Lou said it helps you lose inches rapidly and I have a Bridesmaid Dress Fitting in February, that is my aim! I'm being the Bridesmaid for someone who is a Size 10 and the other two Bridesmaids are Size 12- I'd prefer not to be the Fat Bridesmaid!!

Back