Tough

mvmoree

I am struggling in week 2. Gave in to high protein M&S meal & had 2 shakes yesterday. Lots of work and home stresses at the mo and no support. I know my goal weight and set mid-June as target, but not so sure how am going to get through Easter w/e. I love the results so far and need to kick myself a bit to do harder. :-(

Hey....it's not good when you get no support! You just think what's the point!!! The point is for you though....I'm on week 3 now and the 1st 2 weeks I think I struggled 8 out of 14 days but I also thought of the bigger picture for me and stayed strong! Think about you....everyone else does! A high protein was the best thing to choose but I hope you get back on track again...FOR YOU x

Aw sorry to hear you are struggling. This diet is extremely hard at times especially in the beginning but you need to be stronger and not give in.
I have been having a bad week but am determined not to give up until the right time. Just think of what you have lost and what you can lose by sticking with it and how much better you will feel :)
Slap slap slap! there now get back to it!!

It can be really hard to diet when you have little or no support and I sympathise with you. Try to focus on your results - you want to lose weight and that is proof that you are getting there. The eating you are doing is only giving you temporary highs and it isn't REALLY helping with your other issues. Losing that weight and getting the uplifting feeling from that will surely help you more in the long run - a happy, confident person will surely deal with your life issues better.

I'm drinking water and shakes on my birthday tomorrow and next weekend on my lad's night out. I don't have to eat and drink to excess like I have every other year and no-one else can expect me to. I can celebrate when I have reached my goals and fully intend to do that - tomorrow is just another Friday. Try to treat the easter weekend as you would have treated last weekend. Get you diet back on track, lose that weight, get the buzz and then see how you get on with your other problems.

Stern words, kind words, just a place to get things of your chest, this forum is full of people that can offer some form of support. Just get back in there, grit your teeth and you will get through this and be a thinner person for it.

Good luck.

Come on mvmoree!! You can do this!! :)

Happy Birthday MrC. You're one wise wee fella - read a lot of your posts that's where I came to this conclusion. Down to earth and honest, I like that. Sooooo once again

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow.

Loopy

Hey mvmoree - I totally understand how hard this diet is especially if you have no support. I'am on day 12 but Im lucky in that I have plenty of encouragement from those around me. When I get cravings for bad stuff I try to remind myself that I am the only one who chose to go on this diet and no one forced me to. It also helps to remember that you wont be on this diet forever so its totally worth it to forgo food for the relatively short number of weeks you will probably be on it.
Mr. C - Happy Birthday - good on you for deciding to be so healthy on your birthday - by the way your post about the pharmacy not stocking your stuff was brilliant - I would have been raging if it was me so I didnt think you overreacted at all. Feeling good today and looking forward to the willpower challenge that will be Easter weekend! Am determined to keep focused and not give in (even at the sight of my Mums Easter Sunday Roast and all of the Easter eggs which I am sure will litter my house).... You can do this mvmoree just pick yourself up and dust yourself off. :)

That's the spirit mvmoree - it's that attitude that will get you to your goals. :)

Loopyloo and Sarah, thanks both for your very kind words and the bday wishes.

That's the spirit mvmoree - it's that attitude that will get you to your goals. :)

Loopyloo and Sarah, thanks both for your very kind words and the bday wishes.

And thank you for the balloons Jamsi :p
Did you have a nice Birthday Mr C?

Jamsi (sorry :p) my birthday was great, thanks.

The lack of celebrations (which will be happening in a month or so instead) was offset by the fact that I had to buy some new jeans AND THEY WERE 2 SIZES SMALLER THAN ALL MY OTHER PAIRS!! That's the sort of present money can't buy.

. . . and that many balloons will get me taking off I think. :D

:) It's a great feeling when you get into smaller clothes, one of the best birthday presents this year I bet?
Glad you had a nice day Mr skinny pants ;)

The way im coping with easter weekend is saying that its a kids holiday only. I dont get easter eggs and can hopefully ignore my daughters ones.

I know the first few days ont his plan can be hellish, the mental as well as the physical. Full on assaults from all sides basically. Its so worth it all in the long run though.

Back