Training for a 10k run

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Beckieee, 5 May 2014 Social URL.

1. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

Anyone else training for a 10k (or any type of run)? Mines on 18th May and I'm scared :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Is this the Manchester 10k? I'm In that, green wave

4. Beckieee

me too and I'm also in green wave :D what's your target time?

5. gina_b

was aiming for 65 minutes, done it before and it wasn't bad. never had the out of breathe feeling after a 10k so really pushing myself next week, 59/60 minutes

6. Beckieee

Ooh good luck. I'm aiming for under 70 mins x

7. gina_b

You'll do it :)

8. gina_b

how did it go? I didn't get my time, but suffered in that heat. it added over 10 minutes on my expected time :(

9. Beckieee

Hi, I was exactly the same, it was just too hot and there was only the one water station :cry: 1hr18 and I hoped for under 1hr10 :( last year was 1hr14 and I walked a lot more than last year so I'm either faster at the running I did or can power walk better and I was only 3.5mins slower. I've signed up for the Yorkshire 10k in Sheffield in sept so hopefully it won't be as warm :) did you have a good day? X

10. gina_b

Was sat near the bag drop buses after drinking ciders, was fun day!

:) loved the run x

11. Beckieee

. Are you doing the Yorkshire 10k? X

12. gina_b

not doing that many races that are less than half marathon distances now apart from the local ones, Yorkshires a little far to get to on the day x