1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Training for a 10k run

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Beckieee, 5 May 2014 Social URL.

1. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

Anyone else training for a 10k (or any type of run)? Mines on 18th May and I'm scared :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Is this the Manchester 10k? I'm In that, green wave

4. Beckieee

me too and I'm also in green wave :D what's your target time?

5. gina_b

was aiming for 65 minutes, done it before and it wasn't bad. never had the out of breathe feeling after a 10k so really pushing myself next week, 59/60 minutes

6. Beckieee

Ooh good luck. I'm aiming for under 70 mins x

7. gina_b

You'll do it :)

8. gina_b

how did it go? I didn't get my time, but suffered in that heat. it added over 10 minutes on my expected time :(

9. Beckieee

Hi, I was exactly the same, it was just too hot and there was only the one water station :cry: 1hr18 and I hoped for under 1hr10 :( last year was 1hr14 and I walked a lot more than last year so I'm either faster at the running I did or can power walk better and I was only 3.5mins slower. I've signed up for the Yorkshire 10k in Sheffield in sept so hopefully it won't be as warm :) did you have a good day? X

10. gina_b

Was sat near the bag drop buses after drinking ciders, was fun day!

:) loved the run x

11. Beckieee

. Are you doing the Yorkshire 10k? X

12. gina_b

not doing that many races that are less than half marathon distances now apart from the local ones, Yorkshires a little far to get to on the day x