Transition Phase - From Another Diet

weasey

Gold Member
Hi guys,

I have lost a lot of weight on another diet but have found there to be a distinct lack of structure following the weight loss. Having struggled a bit since reaching my goal weight I have come to the conclusion that I need more structure and have decided to do the Dukan transition phase. I am currently about a stone heavier than I want to be so I'm doing the attack phase and then the main weight loss phase for a number of weeks until I'm where I want to be again and then on to transition for almost 2 years.

I can't believe the lack of support for people who have lost weight in order to help them keep it off on most other diets! I'm very impressed that Dukan has half of it's phases after the goal weight has been reached. It speaks of a full programme which is really trying to help people to lose weight and keep it off - I'm impressed!

I have the Dukan book and understand what it says. Do you have any advice for the transition phase or anything that I won't know as I didn't lose the weight on this diet?

Thanks for your help!

Hi weasey!

I think this is what attracted me to Dukan in the first place. It's very regimented and strict (which is what I need), and the final phase of stabilisation is something I think I can stick to long term.

As for advice, as you are planning on completing all stages, I think you just need to follow the book and also just keep updating us here on minimins! :D

I think the thing that I struggle with the most is eating away from home, so preparation is the key!!! I've lost count of the number of times I've rushed to work without my lunch, then almost felt like crying when I was trying to find something Dukan-friendly with no success.

Good luck shifting that last stone, it will be gone in no time! :)

Thanks for the help! I'm finding the attack phase quite easy - to be honest I think I'm just releived to have found some structure again... I keep going back to the book to remind myself of the rules for the different phases but it seems reasonably straight forward. Dukan is giving me confidence that I can actually maintain the weight loss - which has always been a worry for me. I'm super excited!

That is the beauty of this diet.. there are rules to help you maintain your weight loss.
Dr Dukan offers a life-plan not just a diet.
The first two phases offer weight loss and the second two : Consolidation and Stabilization will help us maintain our weight loss.
Consolidation offers variety and it is quite generous with 2 gala meals and 2 starchy meals per week.
You can have fruit(s), 2 slices of bread an 40 gr of "real" cheese every day.
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Elisheba said:
That is the beauty of this diet.. there are rules to help you maintain your weight loss.
Dr Dukan offers a life-plan not just a diet.
The first two phases offer weight loss and the second two : Consolidation and Stabilization will help us maintain our weight loss.
Consolidation offers variety and it is quite generous with 2 gala meals and 2 starchy meals per week.
You can have fruit(s), 2 slices of bread an 40 gr of "real" cheese every day.
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks - I really appreciate the response. I really do like the fact that Dukan is a plan for life. I'm not sure that at the start of my weight loss journey I would have wanted to hear that I had to be on a plan for the rest of my life - but having had some trouble maintaining over quite a short period the support and structure of the Dukan approach really appeals. It's also interesting to me to do a plan which relies on ketosis for weight loss but which isn't a total food replacement programme - quite interesting...

I do not know what you want to hear.

Just a few simple rules for the Stabilization:
have your oat bran every day
drink min 1,5 l of water every day
walk 30 minutes every day
one single day of pure protein (the famous PP Thursday) per week

It's that too much?
For me it's not.....

Welcome to the world of Dukan, its a pretty good place......:D

wow what a lot of weight you have lost so far, well done on that. If you can stick to losing 9st then this will be a doddle for you LOL. I too agree regarding other diets and their lack of support for goal/true weighters. I found that in the past. I also love the fact with this diet you are practically given a date you will lose by. I know it will change here and there but its nice tohave an aim.

A must is the oatbran, its 'law' :) I also have my wheatbran (not attack) every day. I have half my allowances making my porridge every day and the other half is used on Bread (PP) and Muffins (PV) loads of recipes on here or google.

Good luck and keep chatting.

Ta! I am chuffed with my weight loss - and despirate to keep it off! So far I've been having my oatbran as porridge. Is it ok to have oatmeal rather than oatbran?

Congratulations on your huge weight loss. I'm a bit confused by your current weight and target weight (as the former is lower than the latter)! As the poster above says, oatBRAN not meal... Good luck!

Sorry - I'm mostly on the iPad app so I can't see my statistics (or anyone elses!) so I'll update next time I'm on the computer. I started at 19 stone 4 lbs and got to my goal weight of 10 stone. I'm now around 10 stone 11 lbs. I'm doing the attack phase and then the cruise phase for a few weeks to get the excess weight off again and then into the transition phase for around 2 years.

Got the message on the oatmeal - shame!

:welcome:Weasey and well done on your loss. You will love the Dukan diet and you will lose the stone in no time at all. Because you are doing the diet from start ie attack, thats goos for you because you will get the hang of everything as you lose the st.
Good luck!
x

You can buy oatbran from H&B, Morrisons and I believe Tesco. H&B Cheapest though and espwhen they have an offer on LOL.

You can buy oatbran from H&B, Morrisons and I believe Tesco. H&B Cheapest though and espwhen they have an offer on LOL.

And its bogof at the moment in H&B!

Is it? I got mine last week at buy one, second half price. typical eh? Change the deals all the time. Grrrr

Back