Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Treat night!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Keighley1, 23 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Keighley1

Keighley1 Full Member

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone else out there has a treat night after weigh in that evening? I've been known to have fish and chips sometimes but I have friends that have curry take out every weigh in evening?! Just wanted to know your thoughts .......:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bubbles1984

Bubbles1984 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think a lot of people do. I never have but if im ever going to go over my syns....an hour after weigh in is the time to do it! Everyone is allowed a treat now and then and this way you have the whole week to repair the damage :) xx

4. EllieWood

EllieWood Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(13.64%)
    I used to be really bad and eat quite a lot of naughty stuff after my weigh in but I think it definatley will affect your weight loss the next week so now I just have small treat, probably still within my syns but feels too naughty to have the rest of the week so is still a treat!

5. MancBird

MancBird Always comes back to MMs!

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to be the big bad voice of doom but I don't do this! (Anymore at least).

Why blow it before you've even started for the week... you only make it harder for yourself to lose?!

I used to do this and it definitely slowed down my losses, and reinforced the "naughty food as a reward" feelings I've been trying to get rid of my whole life.

Now I just have a really nice SW friendly meal and maybe syn a glass of wine, or I treat myself to some new make up or a handbag, for me personally its just not worth it.

Each to their own though! xxxxxx

6. Keighley1

Keighley1 Full Member

That's such a great idea! I'm going to try and not do it nomore because I'm sure it's slowing down my weight loss, I weigh in on a weds morning now at home and am thinking im going to stay on plan this evening and not wreck things for next week, I may even have a nice glass of wine!;)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts xx

7. Bubbles1984

Bubbles1984 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I love the idea of buying yourself a new lipstick or something. Get weighed, go get a new lippie and a gossipy magazine and go home and read it...while wearing your new lippy and drinking a glass of wine :p xx

8. Keighley1

Keighley1 Full Member

This is something I've never thought of?! Something so simple aswell, I always associate treats with food but not buy something for me? Going to start doing this! Thanks xx

9. cupcake22

cupcake22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tonight is my first WI and I did plan on having a treat afterwards. Nothing really bad, maybe just a home cooked meal and a chocolate bar for after, but without the worry of counting every single Syn :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.