treats and rewards - ideas?

bella1980

Last time I was on a replacement diet it was suggested we reward ourselves for our hard work - Does anyone reward themselves for their wonderful losses? (not food related) and if so how? I'm on a tight budget and am stuck on ideas.

Any suggestions?

I often pamper myself, buy a (cheap) luxurious bubble bath, light some candles and soak for an hour reading a trashy book or magazine! I slap on an intensive conditioning treatment for my hair and let it work its magic. After my bath I use all my lotions and potions that I never seem to have time to use, paint my toenails, clean pyjamas and watch a feel good film. Minimal cost, maximum luxury! Finding the time is usually the most difficult obstacle but I find I have far more time following this type of diet as Im not filling my face with rubbish! Hope this helps, good luck :)

I will reward myself with a new piercing for every stone :D
Or will save up a few stone rewards to get another tattoo!
Then to reward myself when I get to goal I will be getting a tattoo that runs from my foot all the way up to the top of my thigh, I cant wait!

Other things for rewards could be.....
A new book to read
A new dvd - look on play.com they are sooo cheap.
A pamper day as already posted about
Or pop a few £££'s in a jar every time you lose weight so when you get to goal you can buy something lovely.

Even when money is tight, you must notice that you're going to the shops less, spending less on all the 'junk' food that made us big. Exante is so cheap by comparison with what you would have been spending on your own food each week. So, maybe saving some of this and treating yourself to something special, say a massage for every stone - or two lost, would be nice. I agree with Pinkandfluffy, I have so much more time now - reading is becoming a hobby again, and the library has great books free. Enjoy!

Treat yourself to a new book, cd, item of clothing, or pamper day like pinkandfluffy said, or getting together with friends and watching a film- keep ur shake/bar to have when watching

I'm currently putting the money I would have spent on rubbish food, snacks, coffees and takeaways in a money box, cos hey, I would have spent that anyway if I wasn't on Exante, and am planning on using that money to treat myself at halfway to goal and goal. Depending on how long it takes me depends on the value of the treat!

When I lost the bulk of my weight with WW, I treated myself to a new troll bead for my bracelet. But then, I lost at the rate of about 4-7lbs per month, so I was only spending £25 every 1-2 months on those. With Exante, I think I'll be bankrupt by March if I try that again.

I second the idea of nice baths. You can pick up a bathbomb from Lush for a couple of quid - get the Geophyzz - mega relaxing for muscles and mind :)

My treat for completing my first week,i've booked an appointment for eyelash extensions.This will be the first time i've rewarded myself without using food:D

Oooohhh that's another thing I will be doing, some cheap beauty treatments. We have a beautician here in the village and she charges next to nothing for her treatments.
Looking forward to having my eyelashes permed, they're so long they make my eyelids look drooped down and like I'm half asleep, so perming will sort that out.

Someone on here (Cybil) treater herself to a giant numbered helium balloon for each stone she lost, I think that was a fab idea.

The balloon idea is certainly different!

As for the saving money by only buying packs - my spare cash is going towards my wedding in May which is why cash for rewards is quite limited. Certainly will visit lush though.

pinkandfluffy said:
I often pamper myself, buy a (cheap) luxurious bubble bath, light some candles and soak for an hour reading a trashy book or magazine! I slap on an intensive conditioning treatment for my hair and let it work its magic. After my bath I use all my lotions and potions that I never seem to have time to use, paint my toenails, clean pyjamas and watch a feel good film. Minimal cost, maximum luxury! Finding the time is usually the most difficult obstacle but I find I have far more time following this type of diet as Im not filling my face with rubbish! Hope this helps, good luck :)

This sounds like heaven. I'm going to do this at the end of the week. X

I think pampering yourself is a great way to treat yourself. I find that when I lose weight I obviously automatically look better, but I also feel more confident, so I always want to make an effort with my looks too. So I find I want to use a good body lotion (great for helping stop saggy skin too!) and want to apply some make up every day and actually do my hair rather than just tie it up in a pony.

So for me I love treating myself to new body lotions, nail varnishes, bubble bath etc.

I also make little padded personalised hearts which I sell on Ebay, so I am thinking of making myself one of those for every stone I lose with 1, 2, 3 etc on it. Then hanging them on my bedroom wall as a personal reminder!

I treat myself to new makeup, and spend a little longer in the morning getting ready when i would have been eating breakfast. Looking better is my reward to myself :) I also saved up a bit and had a proper massage, was heaven! I also spend more time on my nails in an evening, if they're wet i can't pick!

Back