Treats for Guests.

Curly.Locks

I have some "official" visitors coming this morning. I will, of course, be offering them tea/ coffee, however, I don't have any biscuits or anything in the house, and don't really want to buy any in the morning as I will end up eating all that remain myself! I was thinking I could get something like viscount or some other treats which are in the last edition of the SW magazine, but these are hardly appropriate for people in an official capacity.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!xx

I'm a bit confused there Curly, are you saying you don't think "official" visitors will appreciate Viscounts? I thought everyone liked them, lol. In fact, I bet even the Queen likes Viscounts! Call me a chocolate slapper if you must, but I can't think of any situation in which chocolate is inappropriate (although thinking about it, I certainly wouldn't give chocolate of any sort to a debt collector or a bailiff!).

However, to try and give you another idea, it's always nice as a visitor to get an individually wrapped treat and it's also always nice to get a choice. So, have you thought about getting one of those mixed bags of fun-size choc bars? Then, if there are any left, you can treat yourself to one or two a day and easily work out the syns - they're usually about 3 syns each, give or take. Perhaps your visitors might appreciate Alpen Light bars, or even a fruit bowl? It's really hard to answer this without knowing who your visitors are, but best of luck!

You could try getting some rich tea fingers which are perfect with a cuppa and if you fancy them yourself use your syns... or be why not try baking some low syn cookies?

Do you have to give them anything at all? "Tea and biscuits" is just a habit, and not a particularly good one. I am always quite pleased when people don't offer biscuits because I don't want them and then have to find a polite way of saying so!

You could set yourself a challenge! Biscuits available and I shall only eat one (or none at all) - when the guests leave, turn the packet out, smash them up and pour washing up liquid on them - this would make you feel so good!!
Good luck x

Back