Induction Treats

louise1969

Into my third week on Atkins, and im trying recipees and reading lots of hints and tips to make my meals as varied as possible, in hope i wont get bored an come off plan. Ive read more than once that Atkins bars are not a great option for a chocolate fix, so im wondering if strawberries dipped in melted green and blacks chocolate would be a better option for a sweet treat?? Im only thinking maybe 3/4 strawberries. Ive made the 3 min chocolate cake but im not a fan of the after taste sweetner leaves, an getting tired of sf jelly and cream... :help2:

I thought I'd read somewhere on here about Greek yoghurt, but I googled it, and it came up high in carbs. So it put me off that. Is Greek yoghurt allowed on Induction?? :)

Berries and yoghurt are not allowed in Induction, I'm afraid.

Have you tried making "chocolate" from cocoa powder and coconut oil? Go to this thread http://www.minimins.com/atkins-recipes/282338-moonlights-meals-2.html and scroll down to post #20. You'll still have to use artificial sweetener (there's no real way to get around that unfortunately), but you may find the taste is sufficiently masked. I'm extremely picky when it comes to artificial sweeteners, btw, and the only one I can tolerate is Hermesetas liquid - if you haven't tried that one, might be worth giving it a go. :)

I eat strawberries and yogurt with no problems, it doesn't kick me out of ketosis. The yogurt I buy has 3 serves in a tub at 7 carbs a serve but I get 5 or 6 serves out of it because I find a 1/3 of the tub is too much for me and one tub lasts me a week.

Berries, nuts and yogurt are not induction foods. Make sure you count the carbs carefully if you introduce them to your meals. Personally yogurt stalls me completely and even makes me gain.

Back