Treats.

Abyss

Schwing !
So i'm attempting to compile a list of treats (obviously that doesn't involve food !) that I can use to motivate myself more - i'm nearly hitting my halfway mark and should have done by the end of this month (how disappointed i would be if i hadn't !) so i'm thinking of treating myself to something as i kind of "well done, keep going !" that i can focus on for when i hit the milestone ... I know that losing weight is reward in itself but it's nice to have something to look forward to in the mean time (i.e. not being able to eat conventional food) :]

I thought maybe a clothes shopping spree .... but then i thought that would be stupid because the clothes wouldn't fit when i'm at my goal weight. I'm finding it very hard to think of things to treat myself with ... especially on a budget !! Spas are all well and good if you have the cash !!

I was wondering what you folks do to treat yourself - help this girl out with her list o treats :D
xo

I decided I would have a treat for every stone I lost. For my first treat I had my hair cut, I've lost my 2nd stone but I'm not sure on what to do for that, perhaps an outing to the cinema or something (I don't get out much cause of the baby). My half way treat is I'm having the outline of my next tattoo done, then I will have it finished when I get to goal. I think my 4st treat will probably be a massage or something as you can get them quite reasonable, I think about £40 for an hour. 5st I'm not sure yet either then as I said 6st is getting my tattoo finished.

When trying to think of treats I've always tried to think of reasonably priced things that I would never normally do and where it is just about me so I can really enjoy it and relax.

Hope you think of something as I think it's really important to treat yourself as you're already giving up a lot. Doing nothing but waiting til the end to go shopping can be a little soul destroying if you have a fair bit to lose (this is what i did last time and it all went a bit wrong)

X

I have a bathroom full of beauty treatments which I never get to use so each week if I have been good I have a long bath and use these nice oils etc. One of these is a salt and oil scrub. It costs £35 for this as a 1/2 hour treatment at a spa near me so I'm saving money and it makes my skin really smooth. I've found my skin is dry since starting this diet.

For each stone lost we go to the cinema. It was a shock to find I was able to still enjoy it without all the snacks I used to eat. It also made the night a lot cheaper. I just took a bar and bottle of water with me.

I've never actually treated myself for losing weight ... but I do understand why it would be a nice thing to do. :)

How about dying your hair a random colour?

Or something from the Accessories section here: Accessories - Bags, Backpacks, Belts, Buckles, Make-Up, Contact Lenses <- used to love this retailer when I was about 20... It was a bit different fashion back then, but nevermind. :) (only linked this as I thought you might like it ^^ )

Or seeing someone you haven't seen in ages? It's a massive treat when their eyes go O_O !!! you look different!! (in the good way of course).

:3

Totally agree Libby, I feel like it is something very important and I feel like i've been approaching it in the last few months in the wrong way. I feel like a "treat" would just sway the temptation away, just keep me focused on the right path. Ooooo what tattoo are you getting !? Sounds awesome and definitely a good way to treat yourself :D Was thinking maybe some smaller things for every half stone then for larger milestones (like my half way mark) something I really, really want !
I'd just really like to get into the habit of rewarding myself or having me time that isn't totally dependant on food ! (because I can really think of about 9/10 times where I would often reward myself with food, it's a habit of mine I really need to face.) I mean yes, of course I would still like to go for the occasional meal out and it's totally unrealistic to think I would cut out food as a reward all together but I really want that to be on very odd occasions maybe 1 or 2/10.

The Cinema is a good idea ... But I do go pretty often anyway, i'm one of those people who if they've seen that an amazing film is coming out I HAVE to see it then and there. I'm just waiting on the Great Gatsby to be released actually, that could be one reward ! There's just been so much great stuff come out all at the same time this winter :] Like you Suzie I used to gorge on all sorts at the cinema - now i'm happy with water or even a bar if i'm particularly peckish ! Although I did have to stop my boyfriend from getting Ben and Jerrys when we went to go see Django as they have a counter at our local cinema ... it was too much for me to bear at the time as it's one of my favourite things - was mean and made him have pick and mix instead (because i didn't care about that so much :p), poor poor him *glare.*

I'd absolutely love to have one of those beauty treatments like a massage ... but to me £40 for an hour sounds really expensive ! Then again I can't quantify as i've never had one before ... maybe I should give it a try, I think my Gym has a mini spa attached to it. Do you find they're worth the money ? Orrrrr maybe a trip to boots for some bath oils and such XD

Hehehe I pretty much change my hair colour every week anyway Minerva :p Might have to get some new extensions ... Funnily enough I actually did some modelling for Attitude back in the day XD those were the days :']

I like the idea of seeing someone i've not seen for a long time - that would be amazing, some quality time. Why the hell didn't I think of that ? It should be obvious but it isn't at all. It's almost amazing how I would have valued food over time with someone without even realising :/

Thanks for your input so far everyone, you're definitely giving me some food for thought (pardon the pun.)
xo

This is my drawing of what I'm getting so obviously it will be much better once redrawn by talented hands!
I haven't decided if I'm going black and grey or full colour yet. I'm thinking full colour as I want it very Sailor Jerry/pin up traditional style.

I can't say if the massage is worth it as I've never been brave enough to get semi naked and have someone rub my wobbles! My friend is adamant they're worth it though so I'm going on her recommendation

X

Attachments

• image-1619907999.jpg
    image-1619907999.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 116
Back