treaty holiday food but still on plan

charleybabes

Silver Member
hi all

we are off on a little break in a couple of weeks to wales..
staying in a lovely old house complete with aga so cant wait.. as its obviously self catering we will be cooking ourselves so dont have to worry about going off plan...

but because when we go away we always get all sorts of treaty foods that we dont normally have at home, im trying to think of lovely meals that are still sw friendly but feel like a treat as we are on our hols after all !

am really determined to stay on plan and stay committed to this now as i feel so much better in myself anyways after just two weeks!
so what are your "posh!" dishes that you make for slimming world!

i am following red and green days !!

If i'm planning special meals for me and the hubby i usually go for EE days as its more flexible.
Fav is Mushroom and blue cheese steaks with rosemary roasted potatoes! YUM! 3 syns on EE.

* Bacon wrapped chicken with cheese. (red)
* fish & chips with mushy peas (EE)

that sounds gorgeous!!..

i havnt really looked into extra easy as i dont really understand it!!

I didn't either, it all sounded a bit complicated to me, but it is really simple. You get to choose free foods from both the red and green list but you only get to chose 1 HEA and 1 HEB. Now i thought that by doing this my weight loss wouldn't be very good but last week i did 5 EE days and 2 red and lost 6lbs!! I'll write out the recipe for the steak if you like? xx

oo yes please !!

actually if all extra easy means is only having one healthy extra each i might do that for the hols.. i struggle at times to have both choices anyways..dont always feel the need for them

is there measuring and weighing involved with EE ??

Just for your healthy extras & syns hun. All the food you'd consider free on red days & all the food you'd consider free on green are totally free!! So you can have chicken, with dry roasted potatoes & veg & all you'd have to count as syns is the gravy.
If you wanted a fry up with bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms & toast - you'd just count the toast as your HEB for the day or syn it.

I'll write that recipe out & stick it in the SW recipe section for you.

And yep, steak sw chips, large portabello mushroom & mushy peas!! All free! Just make sure you're filling up on superfree foods too and you'll be fine - so lots of veg, salads & fruit. Oh and make sure you're drinking enough water!
OMG i sound like your Mum!! lol

Just posted that recipe in the recipe section. xx

Rayven said:
If i'm planning special meals for me and the hubby i usually go for EE days as its more flexible.
Fav is Mushroom and blue cheese steaks with rosemary roasted potatoes! YUM! 3 syns on EE.

I'll second that.. Was about to post the same and saw this, it's scrummy x

yay.. thanks for the recipe.. am going to toddle off and have a look now at it..
been out in the garden making the most of the sun!!..

usually when we are away we would have lots of steaks, fish and chips from the gorgeous chippy ( all cooked fresh.. fish caught that day etc!) chicken and bacon which is very sw friendly so would have that anyways.. but with chips!.
pizzas

.. and lots of cakes and goodies!!.. im sure there is a way of doing all of this but still staying on plan isnt there!

.. and lots of cakes and goodies!!.. im sure there is a way of doing all of this but still staying on plan isnt there!

I think planning is key hun. Plan when you're going to over indulge & how you plan to redeem yourself on those stricter days. You can still have some fantastically yummy food. xx

A lot of the meals you mentioned you could have but without the chips or with sw chips or jacket potato etc
I am going away tomorrow and I will have lots of on plan foods, salads, and lean meats, fish etc but will also have some treats fish and chips, alcohol etc and hope to maintain or gain very little but if I have everything I want there would be no chance of that. I am only 3lbs away from my target so don't want to go backwards at this point but its what is most important to you.
Try and plan and decide what you want to do to have an enjoyable holiday without making yourself miserable about any possible gains when you return :) xxx

yes i think planning is defo the key here..
we tend to do the shopping when we get there as theres a big tescos inthe next town to were we stay so we go there and the aldi next door..

so i just need to do a meal plan for the week ahead and that way i can make a shopping list up ( probs save some money as well !)

on extra easy dont you have to fill your plate up with tons of veg aswell??... would a big bowl of home made soup count before i started my meal??

Back