Tried and Tested Dukan Products

no1rangersgirl

Hi all,
Im just about to order a few bits from the dukan website but seem to be hovering rather than actually purchasing.
From what I can see on existing threads, I have decided to go for the hazelnut, milk choc and maple flavours but wondered what opinions were on other items such as the "gourmet chocolate spread" or the oat bran barns etc...
If you've tried it, would you recommend it? Id be interested to see some honest reviews.

Honestly? Save your pennies for buying some lovely clothes when you lose your weight. The diet started with one £5 book... all you need is readily available in normal supermarkets. Buying flavourings etc, particularly at the outset, will merely encourage you to make sweetener laden desserts with them when we really don't want to enter Conso with a raging sweet tooth.

You don't have that much to lose... your bikini awaits you...

:D
Just my take on it...

Thanks Jo, I really appreciate your pov! sometimes you can find yourself getting carried along with all of the branding and consumerist rubbish. I have already ordered the hazelnut and choc flavours but wont be ordering any more.
I'm hoping to be able to buy some new jeans next week...i think i will start my 'new jean pot' today!

I have to agree with maintainer's response, I hadn't really craved sweet stuff until I bought the dukan flavouring. Previously I had only used things like cinnamon and ginger for muffins. But since trying the coconut, lemon meringue and pistachio my sweet tooth has come back with avengance, so I am going to limit how often I use them. Others may be different but this is my experience and feel maintaner's advice is very sound.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with the flavours if they are used as a substitute when you really must have something sweet. It would be lovely not to crave sweet things but my bod does, and it's unrealistic for me to think otherwise. So I shall order some more caramel, and some hazellnut when they run out, and still have them, with yogurt or from frais, maybe 3x a week even in stab. Makes a nice pud, and I am such a creature of habit.....! ☺

I currently enjoy 6 flavours, 2 savoury ones(butter and cheese, most people hate the cheese one I love it but I love all pongy cheese LOL) , 2 sweet ones(caramel for my lattes, praline for a chocolatey fix) and 2 that could be used either way (peanut and coconut, these are my fave I use them in curries and I have just experimented with a satay sauce tonight using silken tofu and I am already excited about tomorrow's dinner the sauce tastes delicious). The one thing with this diet you need flavour otherwise you become bored of eating the same stuff and while savoury flavours are not a problem sweet ones are so to me they're invaluable.

Thanks for your feedback ladies, as ever it is great to see contrasting views. I am a very sweet eater by nature so think that these will help me, but I will also try to remain concious of just how often I use them.

Back