True Weight?

Should I change my TW goal to reflect my most recent Dukan calculation?

• Yes- aim for the new goal of 8st5lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kimberleycandukan

Silver Member
Has anyone else re-entered their details on DukanDiet.co.uk and established a new "True Weight"?
Obviously its calculated according the the data inputted and both when I first started the diet and when I've had a look this morning I answered the questions to my knowledge- which as far as I'm aware will be the same information but its given me a TW of 2lbs LESS than what I am currently aiming for.

Should I change my goal??

Ok- so I've just pressed "back" to go back to the page where I entered the details, and then clicked "calculate"- WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING
and its come up at 8st 3lbs
then I did it again, and it says 8st2lbs. What the hell?!

Thanks for your help everyone :p

Hi there! I haven't bothered re-entering my details because I did it one too many times before I began the diet. The true weight remained the same. I am happy with the number and I consider it normal and sane. The weird thing is that it changed my attack days (increased) so I had to do a 7 day attack!!!! Just go to the weight you are happy with! Either the first or the second!
Athens xx

Hi Kimberley

I re-visited the site and had a play around yesterday.

Not happy with my TW at all - 10st 10lbs - which is only just a healthy BMI and I intend to get below this - maybe 10 or just inching into the 9 st bracket (because it sounds nicer!!) ;)

Personally, I think the TW questionnaire has some vague questions - eg how many pregnancies (full-term or just the act of being pregnant?!) and, in particular, the one about how much one weighs when eating spontaneously!! FFS, I'm a serial dieter and I either 'diet' or I 'pig out' - sad but true - I don't have a steady weight or steady state!!

So, for me, I'm going to keep going until I feel a healthy TW (BMI included) and then I'll stop.

Hope this helps.

P x

the bone structures a funny one as well :p i can get my fingers right round my wrists now where i couldnt before... if i did the questionaire again it would defo put me at a lower weight ;) im fairly happy with my weight... im at the top end of my weight scale but at 43 i think if i went lower id look like the old granny from benidorm LOL

ellie1969 said:
im fairly happy with my weight... im at the top end of my weight scale but at 43 i think if i went lower id look like the old granny from benidorm LOL

Definitely NOT a good look!! ;)

P x

nope.... the boobs are already like that LOL

It's funny this thread should crop up today as I've just been advising a fellow dieter (not Dukan) to ignore the BMI tables and check out the Dukan calculator JUST for the "true weight". In French, they use the term "stabilisable weight" rather. A weight we can stabilise given our diet history, age, number of pregnancies, etc.

I ignored mine as it was far too high, and continued way down until I was almost happyish but could have continued and continued indefinitely (but that's another story...).

Stabilising this low weight I reached was predictably impossible, and now I simply yoyo but I'm learning to apply the principles I used BEFORE Dukan where food intake is concerned. Like Pauline, I am an excellent dieter and a better still binge eater, and there's nothing in the middle...

Several years down the line, I'm now learning to accept that my stabilisable weight is higher than my eyes/mind would like so that I can stabilise it without total deprivation alternating with binges when it all becomes too much.

Just my take on it.

I am totally with you, Maintainer. As another serial dieter/binger I was initially surprised that the Dukan site gave my TW as 10st 5lb but instantly recognised it as a weight I have frequently been at when trying to get lower. I know I'm older than many of you, but I really want to find a weight I'm happy at that won't be a constant struggle to maintain - and when I say happy I don't mean super-slim (and trust me, I've been below 8 st at the end of a particularly 'successful' period of dieting), I just mean not fat (ever again).

Oh ladiess!!!

Thats MUCH better!

Thank you all so so much for your input. Its interesting reading others' experiences and thoughts. I thought Dukan was God and he's supposed to be omnibenevolent- how could he lower my TW like this?! Lol.

Going to see how it goes I guess and stop when I'm happy... :)

(someone prod me if I'm down to 7 stone and still avoiding my beloved Pasta!!)

Sara I'm with you, when your an 'older' lady what you want to weigh is not what you would have chosen if you were younger. It has to be sustainable. We have to enjoy our new figures and be happy x

What an interesting thread - this has been on my mind since I got closer to TW.... When I filled out the questionnaire, Dr D put my TW at 12 stone which I was initially happy with but when I got closer I realised I wanted it to be lower for me so changed it.... Then I had a bit of a blip about my decision and was feeling a bit precarious about the diet...... Then after a good week last week and a loss of three pounds I read the bit in the book about consolidation and all my thoughts were there in front of me..... Dr D knows how most of us think and I really do think he knows best..... Mind you still happy with my decision to lower my TW not because I am looking for a safety window I just feel that 12 stone is too heavy for me personally...... I hope I am right - no longer scared of conso - purposely had not read the book till I needed to but now I have I feel prepared for it as and when it happens. Anyway enough rambling!

Back