Try These: Low Carb Spiced Strawberry Muffins - 3.1g net carbs each

SandyT

Low Carb Spiced Strawberry Muffins

(Makes 6 large muffins) (net carb breakdown after each ingredient)
(Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees
celsius)

30g Coconut Flour (I use Tiana) 6.4g
30g Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut 1.9g (Whitworth's used here, Crazy Jacks has slightly higher net carbs)
30g Ground Almonds 1.9g
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder 0.9g
3 Medium Eggs - Beaten 1.0g
50g Butter - Melted 0g
4 Truvia (I use individual Packs) 4.0g
6 (30g) small Strawberries 1.4g
1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Ground Mixed Spice (Equals 1 Tsp) 0.6g
2-5Tbsp Warm Water (depending on thickness of mixture)

Mix all dry ingredients together, whisk eggs and add melted butter, then add dry ingredients and whisk together on low speed, adding water as needed, don't make mixture sloppy as you want it to stay pretty much stiffish.

Place muffin cases into muffin tin and place on digital scales, then spoon mixture into each case, so you can gauge weight of each muffin to keep them all the same.

Push a strawberry into the middle of each muffin.

Spinkle a tiny bit of cinnamon onto each muffin and then sprinkle the contents of 1 Pack of Truvia (1g net carb) between the 6 muffins.

Bake for approx 15-18mins depending on low well cooked you like them.

Cool on a rack and eat - great for mid morning snack or as a breakfast alternative to shakes and fry ups.

Total Net Carbs per recipe - 19.1g / 6 = 3.1g net carbs per muffin (if you make fairy cases instead of muffin cases, divide the number of muffins made by 19.1g)

(This recipe has been made by myself through trawling through tonnes of various low carb recipes.)

Let me know what you think - I have loads of Low Carb muffin recipes and coconut macaroons.

Back