tryed to get back on cd and couldnt!!!

yummy mummy

Silver Member
hi all, ive been trying so hard the last few weeks to get my weight loss started again ww but its just not going anywhere! so i decided to go back on cd. it started really well then at about 12.30 the raisins that were in my drawer at work were smelling really good and i just couldnt do it so i ate some. then i strted thinking can i really cope with the rows at home coz i have no energy and am always tired and can i cope with hubby moaning that he wants to sit down and eat with me. im now back on ww but the weight is not budging. ive started doing my excersise ved every day but the scales are not moving.:(

Hi Yummy Mummy,

The weight loss with WW is much slower but it does come off, you just have to be very patient.

It is a diet that your husband can do with you even if he does not have to lose weight as you can point his meal for him.

Weight loss and healthy diet is a family affair, this way it makes it easier for everyone.

If he can't support you doing CD. Then doing WW he can take an active part in it.

Walking is one of the best forms of exercise, now with the weather improving and the evenings getting longer perhaps your husband and yourself might get out walking together:confused:

If he is involved with you he will see just how difficult it is to lose weight and it will help your husband to understand.

It worked for me.:D

Husband is now a trim 10st. 12lbs. and looks wonderful and feels good. He does the GI diet now as this suits him.

I am still battling my weight with CD. Going to finish the job now and then do GI diet along with my husband and use my CD packs as needed.

Love Mini xxx

thanks mini, he has done ww and he lost 1 1/2 sone on it and even though he is no longer dieting he is still losing weight, ggrrrrrrrr. its not fair that us women try everything to get rid of those love handles and a bloke just looks at a diet book and they have lost 2 inches, i just dont get it. thanks for the reply ill just keep trying. the weigh i am noe i havent been for a long time so im not going to give in now ive come to far. and ive splashed out on a whole new wardrobe

thanks mini, he has done ww and he lost 1 1/2 sone on it and even though he is no longer dieting he is still losing weight, ggrrrrrrrr. its not fair that us women try everything to get rid of those love handles and a bloke just looks at a diet book and they have lost 2 inches, i just dont get it. thanks for the reply ill just keep trying. the weigh i am noe i havent been for a long time so im not going to give in now ive come to far. and ive splashed out on a whole new wardrobe

No it is not fair:sigh:

Think they approach it in a logical way and as well you will find we women are the ones for the most part looking after their diet coaching them on, no wonder they do so well.:)

Just need to put some of that energy into ourselves.

My husband was a skinny wee thing all his life and could eat twice as much as me or so it seemed at times.

But he finds now he has to watch it and of course he is and always was very health conscious.

He has got big into cooking for himself since I began my diet journey and he leaves me breathless with the concoctions he makes himself, all nice and healthy and very aware of portion size.

One of the things I think is key is that he never cooks more than he needs as he found if it is there he too would eat it instead of trowing it out. This was a big problem of mine:(

I would cook so much food that I could feed twice has many people and then all this food was left over or not as the case was.

Take it one day at a time and you will be back into your lovely clothes before you know it.

Congrats' to your husband for shifting the weight:)

Love Mini xxx

thanks, what i meant was ive lost weight and had to buy new clothes as old ones were too big, and i dont want to pout any weight back on so my new clothes become to small. if that makes sence?

it is so hard getting back on Cd after you've been off it so i sympathise. my battle at the moment is NOT going back on CD even though i want to embrace it like an old friend! i know i can't keep going on and off it forever.

Good luck yummy mummy, I hope WW works for you very soon!! Let us know how you get on. :)

Back