Trying again! Here for support!!!

bride2be!

Hi all!

I'm not new to minimins! Have tried (and failed) at lots of diets, but alway end up losing 10lbs and giving up as soon as my clothes feel a little bit snug.

I am at an end now - almost 21stone and a size 22 (which is squeezing in!!!! Get married in a little over 8 months - got myself a months supply of S&S which will hopefully give me the kick start I need!!!

Any help and advice greatly appreciated!!!! xz

Last edited:
Hiya, I'm like u have tried literally every diet going & never really got any where but have managed a stone so far on this, which is the best I have EVER done, lol! I love the fact u really don't have to think about food or squeezing in millions of trips to the gym, u just have ur packs. Saying that the first few days r really hard but stick with it & U'll soon b buying a tiny wedding dress! Have u done a vlcd b4? X

pinkcupcake106 said:
Hiya, I'm like u have tried literally every diet going & never really got any where but have managed a stone so far on this, which is the best I have EVER done, lol! I love the fact u really don't have to think about food or squeezing in millions of trips to the gym, u just have ur packs. Saying that the first few days r really hard but stick with it & U'll soon b buying a tiny wedding dress! Have u done a vlcd b4? X

No! I've tried slim fast etc and had tried this slim and save when I first purchased the supply I have now - but couldn't stick to it!!

Going for this from tomorrow. Really really really hoping I push through the 'I'll start tomorrow' feeling I always get! Need to make this change x

Hey, I couldn't/can't lose weight on any other type of diet and almost gave up until I found VLCD. Lost 5 st 5 years ago and it is pretty much the best thing I've done in my whole life. I've done a marathon and loads of charity races I would never have run before I didn't even run at school! I've kept the weight off although 1.5 st has crept on but I'm back doing slim save to get back to my lowest weight and possibly go lower if I can. If I hadn't of lost the weight I wouldn't have got married I just wouldn't have been confident enough to have my photo taken, go dress shopping etc and I'm so proud I got married in a slim fit mermaid style dress. You can do it to just got to stay determined once you do the first week and the weight comes off you will be motivated to keep going! Plan lots of non-food treats like spa treats, facial or nails or buying a new nail polish my favourite is a trip to Lush for nice bath things. Do it do it do it!

Day 1 has been utterly awful!

I am sooooo hungry - almost caved about nine times!
Mashed potatoe, fish and chips, toast, malteasers, so many temptations popped up today!!

Lucky for me I have stuck to four shakes although my gosh I am so hungry I am sitting in bed with my tea!

May have gone over on my milk - tea is the only thing keeping me going!

May have to try the three shakes one meal if this hunger persists.

Come on in 21 stone I should have enough fat on me to keep me going?!

Hope tomorrow is better x

It will get easier hun. I really space mine out and find I'm most hungry in the morning. But keep myself going with water, tea and distraction until 10am when I allow myself my first shake.
Then I go every 4 hours. Usually when it's coming up to my next pack I start getting hunger pangs. But by the evening I struggle to get my last one in me. I make it as a hot drink and it's lovely before bed.

Keep going and it does get easier. The first week is the worse! I mix my days up and have lifestyle and simplicity days depending on my mood.

Good luck!! Xx

You may well feel hungry for the first few days, but once you're in ketosis that hunger will go. If you find cups of tea help with your hunger then remember that you can have things like mint tea which don't need milk. Do be slightly careful of your milk as it does contain natural sugars and lots of extra milk could knock you out of ketosis. You can also have a couple of drinks of bullion which I find really helps as I fool my brain into thinking I've had an extra pack...

Also, are you only having shakes? I much prefer to have the hot meal packs as I feel like I've eated something. Especially if I combine a pack with my vegetables (assuming you're having those). 200g of salad or other veges is actually quite a large volume.

Oh - and that 10lbs you say you keep losing - some people can lose that in their first week on this diet...

I definitely couldn't live without the meal packs and some veg. I do a mix of 4 pack days plus veg and some days 3 packs plus meals. I eat my bar at work with a hot drink or if I meet up with friends at a coffee shop I take my bar so I don't cave and have cake

Thanks everyone.

I'm so ashamed to admit this morning I have had a crimping and a toffee crisp. Grrrrr SO disappointed in myself :(

Need to get back on the wagon now - think maybe going for three packs and the protein meal is perhaps the way forward.

I'm so disappointed I can't explain. Feel crushed, it's embarrassing to admit that at the weight I am I can't even just STICK to a diet that is all laid out for me and that I know will work.

I'm going to try again, I have to. Thanks for all your support so far xx

Dnt beat yourself up I failed my first attempt and am back on it so keep going chick we can do this

Mille
Start weight 16st 2lbs
Goal weight 10st

Hi, do you mind if I join your thread? I started vlcd (shake that weight) on tues - weighing 15st 2lb, want to lose at least 5 stone.

Like many on here I have struggled with weight for a long time, tried Cambridge diet and exante and lost weight but put it all on and more every time I stopped- own fault, never followed any kind of refeed and then ate and ate and never learned new eating habits.

This time I'm doing it properly - going to do proper refeed and learn healthy eating habits that I will make part of the new me!

My grand daughter is 19 and lives with me, she is doing the diet with me as she is 16st 9lbs - she can't remember ever being under 13 stone. She wants to train as a para medic so this is her motivation to lose weight.

It's great having her support at home but we can also sabotage each other and collude with each other on eating things we know we shouldn't, so hoping that using the forum will help me keep on track.

Bridetobe, please don't beat yourself up, we have all been there and I know I identify with your feelings totally. Please don't use your eating as a way to sabotage yourself - that whole cycle if feeling like sh*#, heating yourself up, thinking you're not worth it and eating more. Today is a new day, be positive, be strong, drink lots of water, if you have to eat then choose protein like wee bits of chicken as often it is just the need to chew not actual hunger. I'm now on day 4 of my shakes and it is easier today xx

Fantastic motivation !!

Good you have support that's fabulous

Good luck with your journey x

Gonna give it another go from tomorrow. I feel so hopeless :-(
Have been trying to prepare over the weekend by cutting down on carbs and upping water intake x

Gonna give it another go from tomorrow. I feel so hopeless :-( Have been trying to prepare over the weekend by cutting down on carbs and upping water intake x

You can do this !!

Good luck with staring tomorrow x

Back