Trying slim fast, something has to work surely??!

happy27

Hi all, I'm nervous posting on here as I'm starting yet another new diet and diary but I love this site and been reading threads and your all so nice!!
I had a nasty woman comment on a slimming world thread that I should give up as keep restarting which made me wary of this site but would love some encouragement!! :)

I have tried every diet going!! Most recent Cambridge diet then skimming world again as couldn't cope without food.
But now I have joined the gym and doing slim fast I'm really enjoying it! Realised that I can't eat a lot of food and it clings to me and I don't lose so seems I can't eat lol.

At my heaviest after having my son 2 years ago I was 18.2 and now I am down to 16.7 the lowest I have been in YEARS!! It's slowly coming off and I'm so happy.
This is going to be a struggle but would love to chat to you and help each other as I need all the help I can get :)

Well I've had a strawberry shake and an apple so far and off to the gym this afternoon

Xxx

Hello and Welcome. We are all really encouraging here, after all we're all doing Slim Fast for the same reasons.

I have to dash out but i didnt want to read and run. I have a diary thread in the Slim Fast Diary section (rugbykirsty's road to target), feel free to have a nosey!

xx

Hi happy and welcome to Slimfast :)

Im the same as you and tried every diet going after falling off the lipotrim wagon last year. Just cant seem to settle on one plan yet i keep coming back to SF.

You wont get nasty comments here hun, were all in the same boat and nobodies perfect.

Good luck and keep us updated!

I am the same, I have tried a few diets going and always give up. I started sw not long ago as I had lost 2 stone on that diet, but this time round, i stick to it 100% and went to gym and in 3 weeks I had lost 2 pounds! It totally disheartened me so I thought I would give SF a go, even for a few week for a boost. I am hoping that sticking to plan and going to the gym will def work!

How big are first week losses usually on plan?

Hi thanks everyone for replying!! It's made me glad I'm doing SF!! I did slimming world for 2 weeks and posted a daily diary a month back and not one person commented or helped in anyway felt very lonely over there!!
I think I'm going to like it here ;)

The previous post I know exactly how you feel! I did slimming world and lost 4lbs in first week but then joined gym and stayed the same then put on a pound?! I feel like my body can't handle much food so SF really works hopefully :)

Today I've had 2 shakes, a bag snack a jacks (within the cals) and been out for dinner with a friend i kept within the 600 cals so feeling very positive today!
Going to cinema tonight and I'm going to have popcorn as a treat but just a small one and I did gym today so hoping will be ok!

I love the taste of the shakes so it really helps.
Hope your all doing well :)
Do u find weekends hard like me?? Xx

I think it's a little unfair the slim fast thread is so small compared to slimming world weight watchers etc we only have an option for diaries and chat unlike the others lol xx

I think the thing you have just got to do is drink lots of water. It really does work. When i first started SF I was so bloated as i wasn't drinking enough. Now i am trying to drink 2 litres a day and it really does work and takes the hunger away. Best of luck everyone. I have to try and lose for centre parcs at end of April. 2 stone prob unrealistic but if I don't lose some if it i just won't feel happy waddling about in a swim suit! Ha ha!

Think we've got a smaller forum as theres not as many people on here. Also not many last long if im honest. Sure we'd get more if we asked though.

I agree with drinking the water stopping bloating. I feel not nice if i dont drink much after a shake.

The amount of sub forums depends on how busy it is. SW can have 2 or 3 pages of threads a day whereas some of the threads on the first page here haven't been posted on in 3 days. SW also have several plans within the diet so that reflects the sub forums too :)

Well it's nice it's so small as much friendlier and personal :)
I'm trying to keep up with the water I know it def helps. It's such a sunny day I think I'll be going for a walk :)

Hope you all have a good day!

Thats great. Yeh it is a lovely sunny day :)

Hello and welcome.

I'm pretty sure you'll never find anyone on here that would be mean to you. And if anyone dared to say anything out of order I'm sure the rest of us would jump in.

My opinion is that we're all here for the same reason, we're all here as we have weight to loose, we all slip up and we all cheat occasionally..... No one is better than anyone else here and we should all be as supportive as we can... (and if you can't, you keep your mouth shut)!!!!!!

Anyway.....

Sounds like you've done fab already and I'm sure you'll have great success on slimfast.

It's an awesome diet.... The shakes are lovely, the chocolate meal bars are to die for, you get to eat proper food plus have the freedom of your snacks.

Keep us posted on how your getting on.

xxxxxxxxxx

Thankyou for the lovely reply :)
How are you doing? How much have you lost?

Im stuck in the house today waiting for a courier to come collect a package I have to sign for and with a grumpy 2 year old I'm becoming a grumpy mummy :( it's annoying cos had plans to go out but they can't give me a time so coming anytime between 9 and 5.30!!

I'm having a hungry day too I think it's boredom so gonna go and organise my clothes again upstairs in my wardrobe soon to keep my mind off food!

So far I have had -

Breakfast - choc shake (yum yum yum!) :)

Am snack - Blu riband choc bar - 99 cals

Lunch - pack snack a jacks - 72 cals And a banana shake

Dinner - not sure yet will update later but really fancy making a lasagne but will need to check the calories in that!

How's you all getting on? Xx

Oooh ouch I'm aching so bad!! Feel like I've been hit my a big bus :( I did body combat yesterday and worked really hard! I loved it but paying the price today lol. Meant to be going to the gym this morning but think I'll do an easy swim instead.

Yesterday I had
Am - choc shake
Lunch - ham salad with a tbsp salad cream as went to a friends for lunch.
Dinner - went to franky and bennies for dinner with some friends and tried to stick within the 600 cals I think I did well.

Today will be on plan and having dinner at home tonight so will make something within plan will decide through the day what to have

Outch at body combat!

I love frankie and bennys and there cal content on the menu is a great guide!

Im on day 2 and so far do good. Im not starving like i thought i would be so thats good!

Have a great week, keep us updated! X

Still aching lol played badminton and had a swim today nice to put my feet up tonight.

Am - choc shake
Lunch - choc shake
Snack - bag of doritos
Dinner - jacket potato with Tuna and light mayo with salad
Pudding - WW strawberry mousse

Hi everyone how you all doing? I've been off the radar this week had some personal things going on but managed to still lose a pound this week :)
I've been very slack with the gym so will get back into this next week!
I go to Bournemouth for the weekend for my BF's birthday staying in a lovely hotel and can't wait :D will be off plan wanna really enjoy myself then get back on Monday to the gym and am aiming for my next goal to be July :)

Back