Trying to conceive on Cambridge Weight Plan

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
Just wondered if anyone has any advice. I've lost nearly 4 stone and with a bmi of 31 we are planning on trying to conceive next month. Ideally I'd have a lower bmi but age etc means we are planning to start. My dr (who knew nothing about Cambridge but was very supportive) said she didn't have any concerns about me ttc at this weight but advised not to be in ketosis whilst trying.

I still want to lose at least another 4 stone so need to carry on dieting and would like the weight loss to be as fast as possible. What I'm trying to ask, in a very roundabout way, is do you think I could get away with 810 or have to move to 1000? Just to clarify, this would only be whilst trying to conceive, I wouldn't follow this once I knew I was pregnant.

I wonder if anyone has an info about this? My cdc said that you might be in ketosis on 810 but might not. Maybe it'd be safer to have the 1000. I just don't know and don't want to ruin all my hard work. Does anyone know what the losses are on 1000?

Sorry for the rambling!

AnnieAnnie said:
Just wondered if anyone has any advice. I've lost nearly 4 stone and with a bmi of 31 we are planning on trying to conceive next month. Ideally I'd have a lower bmi but age etc means we are planning to start. My dr (who knew nothing about Cambridge but was very supportive) said she didn't have any concerns about me ttc at this weight but advised not to be in ketosis whilst trying.

I still want to lose at least another 4 stone so need to carry on dieting and would like the weight loss to be as fast as possible. What I'm trying to ask, in a very roundabout way, is do you think I could get away with 810 or have to move to 1000? Just to clarify, this would only be whilst trying to conceive, I wouldn't follow this once I knew I was pregnant.

I wonder if anyone has an info about this? My cdc said that you might be in ketosis on 810 but might not. Maybe it'd be safer to have the 1000. I just don't know and don't want to ruin all my hard work. Does anyone know what the losses are on 1000?

Sorry for the rambling!

Not sure why being in ketosis would matter as baby wouldn't take anything from you till you were six weeks by which point youd know you were pg. least that's my understanding, there's certainly been many fall pg whilst on the diet. Personally I'd ask your consultant for advice from head office x either way good luck with your FTC journey, I hope it's a short one for you xxx

Thanks. Apparently there isn't enough research about getting pregnant whilst in ketosis to enable drs to say it's ok. I can't imagine it'd be a problem, but for the sake of a few calories I'd rather not be. Only because if something bad happened I'd blame myself.

I emailed head office & they said the 1000 plan.

Thanks for your reply.

AnnieAnnie said:
Thanks. Apparently there isn't enough research about getting pregnant whilst in ketosis to enable drs to say it's ok. I can't imagine it'd be a problem, but for the sake of a few calories I'd rather not be. Only because if something bad happened I'd blame myself.

I emailed head office & they said the 1000 plan.

Thanks for your reply.

Good luck x

yuck i did a reply to this last night but apparently it didnt come through.

Just basically said i was on CD whilst TTC and it didnt affect me, in fact i was probably healthier because i was getting all the vitamins and nutrients from the pacsk. Is worth getting some pre pregnancy vitamins though particularly folic acid, reccommended least 12wks before conceiving. Good luck xx

I have heard that weight loss can increase fertility!

I have nothing useful to say lol! as I am only starting the CD, but just wanted to wish you the very best in TTC :) xx

Thanks all for the lovely comments & wishes of good luck! I'm hoping I get pregnant soon, not just because I can sack off this diet! Thanks again x

Back