Trying to give myself a boost!

mrsthunderbolt

Silver Member
Just writing this down to get it out really.

I've got just over 9 weeks left until my 1 year anniversary with SW. I am currently 6 stone 12.5lbs lighter than I was when I started.

I did actually think I would have got to target now. I think the main problem is I lost the bulk really quickly & have only lost 10.5lbs since xmas.

I only have 36.5lbs left to go & if you had told me when I started how far I would have come I would not have believed it.

Anyway this week I have apparently gained 4lbs if my sneak peek (yes, I know I shouldn't but I did & I'm gradually weaning myself off it)is anything to go by. I have stuck to plan rigidly for a week, done a couple of really good work outs too. Star week is looming but it doesn't usually affect me.

Phew, feel better for writing that down.

You have done an amazing job loosing all that weight in a relative short period of time!!! Well Done!!!!

I am sure you can do it. You have the knowledge and you are doing a fitness program. Have you joined a challange here on Minimins to see if a bit of competition can spur you on for the last hurdle. Maybe a Summer challange?

That's an amazing achievement. You should give yourself a huge pat on the back.
Would changing things up a bit help get you over this little hump and back on track? From what I've read on here just a change like fish week or success expRess can kick start things again.
Well done though you must feel amazing.

I'm in a similar boat - I've been footering around with this stone bracket I'm in for MONTHS and it's doing my head in a little bit; I'm sticking with it and refoccussing, but it's heartbreaking to be able to say, hand on heart, that I've followed the plan to the letter and STILL had a half pound gain, etc, etc. Over all I'm still trending downwards, but so slowly and in a very inconsistent fashion.

I suspect some of it's to do with now being a lot smaller and needing less food, and some of it's due to my body wondering wtf is going on, but I'm at a bit of a loss to know what to do differently, it's frustating (I know this post is not a lot of help, I just wanted to empathise and restate that we're going to get THROUGH this nonsense and get to target. And also that we've done REALLY well so far).

Thanks for the responses, it's nice to know that I am not alone.

One of my friends put it into perspective for me yesterday. As she said I am now not massively overweight so at a point that a lot of people start at if that makes sense?

Anyway feeling much more positive today, it just feels good to let it all out sometimes.

Keep going!! Look how well you've done, you'll be at target in no time!! Hey, I've only lost 6lbs in about 6 weeks but I'm persevering :D Xxxx

You certainly are not alone but wow! for what you have done so far!

Similarly, I lost 4 stone last year, hovered up and down by a couple of pounds, put on half a stone at Christmas and have only just got back to my pre Christmas weight! I have 15.5 pounds to lose and sometimes I never ever think I am going to get there......

I decided last week to 'chill' a little and look at the big picture - I am no twiggy but am a million times healthier and so much happier than I was at my heaviest. I stay to group and listen to people say how much they have eaten ( chinese, choccy etc ) and then lose 2 pounds when I am slogging my guts out to do the same and last week it really got to me. I therefore have calmed it down a bit so if I lose I lose and if I dont, well, its not the end of the world.

I do feel your frustration though - but we will all get there eventually! All the best of luck to you xxxxxxxx

Back