Trying to lose weight AGAIN!! This time i'm gonna make it!

Pati821

Hey!
So a little bit of info about me. I'm a 25 year old girl from Chile, i've been overweight for as long as i can remember, the lightest i've been was when i was 15 (140 lbs) and that was bc i had a boyfriend and i wanted to be pretty for him, stupid reason i know. After that it's been a constant strugle, i'd gain weight and then i would lose some. When i was in my senior year of highschool one of my teachers pulled me aside and asked if i was pregnant bc i was really big, she said that some of the teachers comented on it with her and that was one of the most embarrasing moments of my life. That day i came home and told my mom about it and we decided to go to a nutritionist. I was doing so well after that, i was on 800 kal diet but i wasn't hungry, it was working! i lost 30 pounds in 5 months! just in time for prom, it was great. After i graduated highschool i kind of lost interest and stopped going. Bad idea. I obviously gained all the weight back and some more. Summer 2016 i found this amazing site and i felt super motivated to lose weight but then school started again and i stopped excersicing and eating right. So now that it's summer i'm starting over! I'm super pumped and excited!

Hi Pati

Here to follow your journey and cheer you on. I've just restarted again as well

Jules (Ponytales ) x

Hey! Thaks for the comment! What really helped me last time was the people i was interacting with, made me feel less alone in this! Good luck in your journey as well!

Hey, here to follow and support. What plan will you be following? xx

Hi! Thanks for the comment! I'm not following any specific plan, i changed my way of eating completely. No more sugar, no soda, no oil and all that, i don't want to go on a diet bc they've never worked for me before so i wanna eat healthier from now on, but if i'm invited to a party or if i go out to eat i'm not going to suffer and not eat what i want, i'm just trying to balance it all. Also i'm doing 1 hour of Zumba everyday!

Sorry for the long reply! thanks again for your support!

Okay so i've been really good at eating when i'm supposed to and i haven't been tempted by yummy things. I do have a hard time eating breakfast bc i never wake up hungry enough to eat it, also it's summer here and i wake up late sometimes so i just have lunch but i know that i really need to fix that. Also what's been really difficult is that at night i get really hungry and not going to the kitchen to get a snack is a big struggle. Anyways thank you all for the support and good luck to all! :)

Okay so i've been really good at eating when i'm supposed to and i haven't been tempted by yummy things. I do have a hard time eating breakfast bc i never wake up hungry enough to eat it, also it's summer here and i wake up late sometimes so i just have lunch but i know that i really need to fix that. Also what's been really difficult is that at night i get really hungry and not going to the kitchen to get a snack is a big struggle. Anyways thank you all for the support and good luck to all! :)

Hi pati 821 I was just wondering if you are really hungry because you haven't eaten enough food for the day or could it be boredom I know that happens to me sometimes. But if you really are hungry you shouldn't be struggling with that. There are some really healthy and yummy snacks in the slimming world recipes to satisfy your hunger pangs! Hope this helps x

Hi pati 821 I was just wondering if you are really hungry because you haven't eaten enough food for the day or could it be boredom I know that happens to me sometimes. But if you really are hungry you shouldn't be struggling with that. There are some really healthy and yummy snacks in the slimming world recipes to satisfy your hunger pangs! Hope this helps x

When i said i get hungry at night i mean at 2 or 3 am, and i know that's not a great time to eat. I try to have my last meal of the day at 9-10 pm tops, but bc i stay up late most of the time i get hungry, if it¿s too much then i'll make a cup of green tea or drink lots of water. Now is 2.05 am and i didn't want tea so i just ate an orange, it was delicious haha :) thanks for the advice tho!

I've been good with the eating but AWFUL with my workout! I've had 0 motivation and killer headaches so i haven't done much. Hopefully tomorrow i'll fell better! Good luck to you all!

I lost 3lb this week. I did want more but it's TOTM which never helps.

I found out something fab last night. My Slimming world group is held at a hotel and they have a gym and pool that we can use on Mondays for £4. I'm not very interested in the gym as I have some of my own kit at home, but I'm definitely going to use the pool :D

I lost 3lb this week. I did want more but it's TOTM which never helps.

I found out something fab last night. My Slimming world group is held at a hotel and they have a gym and pool that we can use on Mondays for £4. I'm not very interested in the gym as I have some of my own kit at home, but I'm definitely going to use the pool :D

Congrats! Yeah, i wanted more as well but we're doing great! That sounds nice!!! Take advantage of that pool! :)

Hello! I've been doing much better! I lost 4 pounds in a week!! YAY!
That's amazing Pati what a belief boost, you'll soon be where you want to be.

I've just started back again after a couple of years off and I totally get you with the late eating, I look after my mum and often start eating around 4pm so by 1am i'm still searching for food, but this past week I've made it fresh salmon, or fruit or a boiled egg, mashed spinach? something small but filling.
Eating at night isn't healthy but it depends on which way round your life clock is, i'm rarely up before 10.30am so my day ends around 1- 2.30am.

That's amazing Pati what a belief boost, you'll soon be where you want to be.

I've just started back again after a couple of years off and I totally get you with the late eating, I look after my mum and often start eating around 4pm so by 1am i'm still searching for food, but this past week I've made it fresh salmon, or fruit or a boiled egg, mashed spinach? something small but filling.
Eating at night isn't healthy but it depends on which way round your life clock is, i'm rarely up before 10.30am so my day ends around 1- 2.30am.

Yes! It was really great seeing little by little the number getting smaller! slow and steady wins the race, right? I've been better at not eating at night, if it's too much i'll have a cup of coffee or tea and that's enough, also i drink lots of water and that also helps! I'm on summer break so my life clock is all kinds of crazy right now but as soon as i get back to school it'll go back to normal hopefully!

Hey, here to follow! :) You're doing great so far!

Thing with night-time eating it seems to be a bad habit that needs to be broken by sheer willpower... You can retrain your brain not to need food when you wake up at 3am, by distracting yourself by doing something else until you get sleepy and go back to bed. Easier said than done, of course, because hunger is awful and very hard to ignore! But, if you persevere your brain will no longer wake you up for a snack and hopefully in time you'll sleep the whole night through. But, if you do need a snack, some carrot sticks or the like might be a good idea (or drinking hot tea like you're doing :) ). Just avoid things high in sugar (fruit, etc.) as the it might give you a small sugar rush and make it harder to fall asleep... plus sugar is addictive... :p
The other thing, I wanted to just mention is breakfast. I am a believer of -eat when you're hungry and not when you think you're supposed to-. I never eat breakfast because over the years I've realised I don't really get hungry in the morning. So with that I follow a sort of 16:8 fasting regime which is healthy. You retrain your body to use the energy reserves it HAS rather than relying on food alone for it. It does work and I feel much better for it.

Wishing you luck on your journey! x

here to do a tiny update on my workout routine! I finally found a new routine that i like! I've been doing the same Zumba routine for a year now and it's pretty boring at this point, big part of my lack of motivation was that it became to repetitive. I tried the Bipasha Basu and i liked it but it was low impact so i didn't feel like it did much for me. But now i finally found one that i like a lot! In case any of you are interested the routine i'm doing is the Jillian Michael's Biggest Loser 61', you guys can easily find it on youtube it's an hour long but it's really great. Today was my first day doing it and it's KILLER! at 15 minutes i was drowning in sweat and i was wearing leggins and a tank top! I did feel like i was about to pass out and throw up near the end of it but it's because the other ones that i was doing weren't as high intensity as this one. Anyways thanks to all of you sweet ladies for the constant support and comments! Talk to you soon! :)

Back