Trying to lose weight before the wedding! (Green and occasional EE days)

mijdge

Hi everyone, I'm mijdge and I'm 23. I've put on a fair bit of weight over the past few years, going from being a sporty schoolgirl to a not very sporty teaching assistant! Buying my own food at school using money from my part time job was my downfall, and going to uni for 3 years, so now I'm going back to basics! I've also been playing roller derby for the past year or so, so my aim of being the sporty dynamo I once was is back in motion.

I started my food diary yesterday, so here goes:

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with no fat or butter, baked beans, 2 Quorn sausages (2syns)

Snack - cherries (was going to be grapes, but they'd gone manky.. it's what you get for buying them for 99p..)

Lunch - Quorn pieces, peppers, onions, petits pois, garlic, chillies, Henderson's Relish, tomato puree, 30g cheddar (HExA), 1tbsp olive oil (HExB), couscous, huge lettuce!

Dinner - Curry - 1tbsp olive oil (HExB), 1tbsp curry paste (Patak's Mild) (2syns), carton of passata, tomato puree, carrots, spinach, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, all the spices, with rice cooked in stock.

Snacks/syns - 175ml glass of red wine (wedding planning is stressful...) (6syns), Pez Candy (1.5 syns)

Total syns - 11.5 (but I didn't drink all the wine, so I'm feeling quite virtuous!)

Is that looking ok? Is it ok that my HExB are the same (olive oil?) TIA x

Last edited:
I had such a bad day yesterday.. Impromptu meal out as my Mum and Stepdad came to see us!

Breakfast - 2 slices Hovis wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HeXB) with Marmite

Lunch - leftover Quorn from the day before, but no lettuce this time!

Snacks - carrots and pomegranate seeds

Dinner - oh dear... 3 quesadillas (I have no idea how many syns a quesadilla has in it, but I've hugely overestimated to make myself feel a *bit* better!) and skinny chips. A 330ml bottle of ale (I estimated about 8 syns?) and a lime and soda, which was 3 syns. The only other veggie option was a burrito, but my friend had to send hers back so I'm glad in a way I didn't choose it! I also had about four cups of tea, and so I synned the milk.

Final syns for the day were: 5 tortillas at 30 syns, two lots of oil at 12 syns, 10 syns for the skinny chips (as I know they're homemade), 6 syns for the salsa on the quesadillas, 2.5 syns for the milk in my cups of tea, 8 syns for the bottle of beer (so worth it..), and 3 for the lime cordial. Which makes it 78.5 syns for the night (I'd estimated 50, but clearly I was wrong..)

My Healthy Extras were: A (x2) - 30g cheddar, B (x2) - 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 slices of Hovis wholemeal bread from 400g loaf.

Today hasn't exactly started well either, but as long as Mum has plenty of pasta in her cupboards, I should be ok!

Had a brilliant weekend, but definitely not SW friendly! Starting again today with :

Breakfast - 1.5 Shredded Wheat, milk from HeXA allowance
Lunch - Quorn pieces, fried in FryLight and spices, with spinach, peppers, spring onions, carrots, green lentils, and a fat free yoghurt, lemon juice and turmeric dressing.
Dinner is to follow after weigh in tonight!

Woo! Weigh in last night and I lost half a pound! So so pleased considering all the bad food choices I made!

Dinner last night was soup, with tonnes of veg and absolutely completely free! Based on a recipe for ribollita that I found.

After roller derby, I had some more soup, with 2 of the Laughing Cow triangles I had left and a slice of bread.

For snacks yesterday, I had an orange and an Alpen Light bar, I think I had about 5.5 syns yesterday! I had a few olives and a little Pez candy stick. My HeXA were the Laughing Cow triangles, and 300ml 1% milk, my HeXB were 1.5 Shredded Wheat, and 1 slice 800g wholemeal bread.

Breakfast this morning was: 2 Quorn sausages (1 syn each), scrambled eggs with 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns), and baked beans with Henderson's Relish and tomato puree.

Back on track and ready to go!

Feeling so bloody hungry at the moment! Made SW quiche yesterday for lunch with more veg, then we had paella for dinner. Scrambled eggs with chilli sauce and cheese (HExA), with beans for lunch, 6 Quorn dippers, couscous and spaghetti in tomato sauce for lunch today. I think pasta and sauce for dinner later. I've snacked on a Alpen Light (HExB), a satsuma and a MugShot today. Syns yesterday were a glass of wine, some Millions and the sweet chilli, so about 11.5. Today I'm currently on 4.5 syns (1.5 for chilli sauce, 3 overall for the Quorn dippers) All I really want is a Twirl and a slice of Victoria sponge.. Sigh.

Breakfast - toast with Laughing Cow triangle (HeXb and 1.5 syns)
Lunch - jacket potato, baked beans and cheese, with a whole lettuce and some peppers
Dinner - pasta and super veg sauce
Syns - 1.5 Laughing Cow triangle, 1.5 sweet chilli sauce in baked beans.
Snacks - toffee Mullerlight

Back on track and ready to go!

Breakfast - slice wholemeal toast (HexB) with marge and marmite
Slice white toast and marge
Tea with sweetener (0.5 syns)

6.5 syns

Snack - apple

Lunch - veggie chilli (free)

Snack - Benefit bar (chocolate orange) - (half HexB) Dairy Milk caramel mini (1.5 syns) chicken mug shot

8.5 syns

I need to buy and eat more veg!

Breakfast - scrambled eggs on toast (HeXB) tomato ketchup (2 syns) Lunch - 4 Ryvitas, 2 Laughing Cow triangles, 1 tsp tomato chutney (0.5 syns) and a light Babybel (HeXB and HeXA) Quorn slices Apple Dinner - Quorn sausages (2 syns) Mash Peas Carrots Gravy (1 syn) Plus 1 syn for milk 6.5 syns :)

Today I've had - 2 apples for brekkie
Pasta with cheese and beans for lunch (cheese was HEXA)
And dinner is going to be Quorn cottage pie - Quorn mince, tomatoes, peppers, leeks, onions, carrots, Henderson's Relish, gravy powder (about 2 syns for the whole dish) and some stock, with mash on top. Served with peas and broccoli.

I'm struggling with the super free in breakfast and lunch, I always pack it into dinner because I have more time to prepare it!

Any ideas (other than just taking fruit to snack on?)

Really struggling at the moment, I'm gonna get weighed today and I'll be back with a vengeance! Think I've put at least 2lb on :(

Back