Trying to Minimise the weight gain!

Mrs CC

Silver Member
So, I've recently found out I am pregnant!! Eeekkk! For all it was planned, I still feel like it has snuck up on me! I'm so excited, but I'm also worried about what I'm eating. I don't want to gain too much as I'm afraid of the effect this will have on our baby, I don't really care too much about what I look like! I'm also really conscious about making sure I'm eating a healthy diet with plenty nutrients. I had thought about following SW principles, but sometimes I just dont fancy cooking from scratch :( I'd really appreciate to know what others are doing to minimise the weight gain and eat well.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm currently at 32 weeks tomorrow and at 14lb and hoping to not go to far over a stone and a half full term. I'm cal counting at the min and this works great for me but did sw until 25ish weeks. Like Cas says if you eat reasonable healthy you shouldn't go to far wrong, good luck n there is always support from here x

Thanks Cas and Fordge! Can I ask when counting cals how many do you have? I havent been too bad today, my main issue is I'm properly craving flavoured milk - normally I hate it yuk! Ive knocked back two frij milk shakes already today! Guess I shouldnt worry too much as my food has been pretty healthy lots of fruit and veg!

I was having about 1500 cals but almost always going over! Now I'm in my 3rd tri I'm trying not to go over 2000 cals. To be honest I've pretty much STS or lost or added a lb on there has been no big gain so I'm pleased. Oh and my name is Gemma :) x

Dear Mrs CC - Congrats ! how far pregnant are you , .... i found out 3 weeks ago that i was 11 weeks pregnant i had no idea, so today i am 14 weeks pregnant and like you i want to keep in a healthy BMI however i was already 14lbs over weight before i got pregnant which was such a major shock as told it would never happen natually ... after 8 years and given up it did ... , so far i have not gained any weight although i have a sizable bump already ( or bumps )as my boobs have grown so much and hurt like hell ! even now
looks like we are around the same weight i am 10.7 10.8 atm and 5'1 and half in height ,
once again massive congrats .... it's still sinking in for me i think it takes a while even if planned :) xx

Back