Tubby to Yummy!

Hi all!
I thought I would have a chatter on here and chart what hopefully will be a good loss using Slimfast. I only started on Tuesday but have stuck to the plan 100% so far.

Last weeks weigh in came in at 13st 4 so I wonder what tomorrow will bring! To be fair last weekend was an utter disgrace - McDonalds, curry, booze plus a large Wetherspoons breakfast (all 1536cals worth! The shame!).

Today I have had:
Lemon Meringue ready to drink shake - breakfast
Same again for lunch
Slice of sourdough bread with a scraping of peanut butter
Medium sized jacket spud, half a tin of beans, tuna and small sprinkle of grated cheddar.

Drinks-
Glass of water
Two coffees
500ml bottle of Diet Coke
Peppermint tea
Two cups of Pear flavoured Indian black tea

Will post tomorrow with my Friday WI - cue dramatic music!

Welcome, good luck for today :)
I usually wi on a Friday but I know I've done bad this week so I'm going to wi next Friday x

Well a bit of a bummer - i stayed the same at 13st4. Quite shocking because that proves I ate so much crap at the weekend that even four days of sticking to 1200 cals can't produce a loss!

Anyhoo, I am carrying on and I hope that next week will be better. This is also my * week so any water I'm retaining so have gone by next Friday. Here's hoping!

Sometimes losses and gains from stuff you have/haven't eaten take a while to reflect on the scales. At least you didn't gain after your weekend. Good luck for this week, sure you'll do fine x

Thanks for your comments oasis, you're right - I just need to plough on and the results will show!

Well this weekend is working out to be much better than last.
Friday nights is usually pizza night but instead we had a large salad with a few boiled new potatoes, smoked salmon, lf coleslaw and a few slices of campagne bread. Also instead of my usual couple pint bottles of Bulmers or bottle of plonk I had a bottle of reduced alcohol wine which had less calories. I would still have been over my cals target but Fridays need a little treat!

Today I've had Slimfast for breakfast, completed an Insanity workout, had a muller fat free Greek style yoghurt and I'm about to have another shake. And tonight I'll be sticking to diet tonic water instead of booze. Feeling v motivated at the mo!

Hi boopers!
I think I'm one of those people who, if I don't have to think about food I won't. I dont have to work out what my daily menu will be, working in Healthy extras or points, simply grab a two shakes on my way out of the door and thats it! When I tried WW and SW, because I had to think about everything I ate I found myself obsessing about food which meant I was always hungry!

This is still only my 5th day but I haven't struggled with hunger at all yet. I settled down this morning with my shake while my OH tucked into a big ham and cheese omelette and I didn't feel resentful or steal any of it - which is very good for me! Obviously I don't know if my willpower will be as strong in a few weeks time but at the moment I'm doing well.

How are you finding it?

Hi boopers!
I think I'm one of those people who, if I don't have to think about food I won't. I dont have to work out what my daily menu will be, working in Healthy extras or points, simply grab a two shakes on my way out of the door and thats it! When I tried WW and SW, because I had to think about everything I ate I found myself obsessing about food which meant I was always hungry!

This is still only my 5th day but I haven't struggled with hunger at all yet. I settled down this morning with my shake while my OH tucked into a big ham and cheese omelette and I didn't feel resentful or steal any of it - which is very good for me! Obviously I don't know if my willpower will be as strong in a few weeks time but at the moment I'm doing well.

How are you finding it?

I haven't tried it yet. So far, I've given up caffeine and sugar, and am working on wheat. I'm reading "Wheat Belly" and he makes a LOT of sense.

mancunian-tubster said:
Hi boopers!

How are you finding it?

That's exactly me, I've been on SF now for about 7 weeks and still feel the same x

I'm pretty proud of myself today. I managed to resist the temptation of a bacon butty this morning at the carboot. Came home and had a shake instead! I was up at 6am and didn't get back until gone 11 (it was a mega car boot!) so was starving but happy that I resisted the urge to gorge on toast as I would have in the past.

Been at my friends all afternoon and they cooked a curry so I would guesstimate I'm over my cals but not by much.

Today's food-
Breakfast- lemon meringue read to drink shake
Tea- Singapore curry, rice, 1/2 naan, carrot and almond salad, dhal, two glasses of red wine

Don't feel hungry at the mo but if I do I'll have another shake before tea.

Update for yesterday and today-

Monday
Lemon Meringue shake for both breakfast and lunch
Snacks: cherries, muller Greek style yoghurt, 9 bar
Tea: boiled eggs, slice of ham, salad, coleslaw, new potatoes, slice of bread
Exercise: insanity workout

Tuesday
Lemon Meringue shake for both breakfast and lunch
Snacks: cherries, muller Greek style yoghurt, 9 bar
Tea: grilled chicken, new potatoes, salad, half an avocado, sliced mozzerella, coleslaw, houmous, seeded square wrap
Exercise: just giving myself a kick up the bum to do my insanity workout again - do it!!

I'm still doing well on Slimfast, I've now been following the plan for a week and haven't felt hungry or deprived in any way. Really hoping for at least a 2lb loss on Friday - here's hoping!

Hi
I've read about the insanity workout but haven't seen the ad or anything.
I've heard it's - well insane! All the reviews a read are from people who are prob not as big as me (4 stone overweight) and i am incredibly unfit would you recommend it?

Boopers said:
Is it working for you?

Yes Hun it is, I've lost 20 lb so far, STS for last 2 weeks however I haven't stayed to plan last week and week before we had several meal celebrations out so staying the same has been great x
Back to it this week, go away in a fortnight so I will be a 100% till then hoping to loose another 4 lb x

Well well! Look who's back!

I'm afraid I've had a terrible few days, not been on plan whatsoever. I felt really crappy on Friday as that loss I really hoped for didn't materialise. I stayed the same! Grrr! Over a week of Slimfast, salad for tea pretty much every night plus loads of workouts and I didn't lose a measly pound. Gutted doesn't come close.
Anyhoo, I've had a few days of feeling mardy (and eating a lot of cheese! Nom) but now I'm back to dust myself off and get back on track. Today has pretty much been a write off so will start the diary and MFP again tomorrow morning.

In other news, after my stash of lemon meringue ready to drink shakes ran out I tried my tub of chocolate powder. :( me no likey! Maybe they're better in the blender but just using my protein shaker bottle resulted in a pretty grim shake. Definitely going to have to get the ready to drink stuff if I have any hope of sticking to this plan!

Back