Total Solution Tuesday is a fine day to change the world...

Want2bMe!

I need to update my stats. But before I do that, for the record and to remind myself - today is Monday, 30th January. I am 24, five foot two, hair colour brown, shoe size 6. I had two coffees and 6 cigarettes today. It's likely to snow tomorrow... Oh - and I weigh 19 stone and seven pounds. Where did that come from?
I bought a scales today and decided I had to get my act together after last night - Chinese New Year at my friend's house. The night was great, good company, lovely atmosphere and amazing food, but the whole thing will boil down in my memory to three things - two photographs and a compliment.
The photographs shocked me - I looked like a detached head sitting on top of a big blue polka-dot mountain. I thought I looked curvaceously, vintage queenly-chic. I did not. The compliment was genuinely intended as such - my friend's mum described me as "jolly". Jolly? Santa is jolly. I am a fox. Correction - I thought I was a fox. I really thought that with my glossy hair and twinkly eyes and carefully applied makeup that I had managed to conceal the fact that I am morbidly obese. I thought I had managed to fool everyone with my charming ways and distract them from the rolls that sit on my back and stomach and from my thighs, larger than the torso of some women. Disappointingly, it turned out that I was fooling myself.
So tomorrow will be Tuesday. I will embark - properly this time - on this diet. I will consume three packages of food replacement products and imbibe large quantities of water. I will tolerate any and all questions and comments about this regime and I will congratulate myself on every opportunity I have to fall off the wagon and don't.
I will take it not one day at a time, but one temptation at a time. Please wish me luck.

Welcome and all the best!!!

Sending love and luck to you, Tuesday is a great day for changing your world.

Big or small, better to look foxy in vintage chic with glossy hair and good make up, than like some (me included) also battling the bulge but who do not bother at all!

The key is to keep going, even when food starts talking to you!

Hugs.

best of luck and welcome aboard!

Hey, welcome and good luck for tomorrow! I just started the total solution today and we have a similar end goal weight so will keep a look out for your diary posts.

I too hide behind my winged eyeliner and red lippie, except now my face has developed a second chin so I don't wear the vintage vixen look so well anymore :/

marley&me said:
Sending love and luck to you, Tuesday is a great day for changing your world.

Big or small, better to look foxy in vintage chic with glossy hair and good make up, than like some (me included) also battling the bulge but who do not bother at all!

The key is to keep going, even when food starts talking to you!

Hugs.

Thanks marley&me, I think it's easier to work that look when you feel good about yourself!

ephedrine said:
Hey, welcome and good luck for tomorrow! I just started the total solution today and we have a similar end goal weight so will keep a look out for your diary posts.

I too hide behind my winged eyeliner and red lippie, except now my face has developed a second chin so I don't wear the vintage vixen look so well anymore :/

Thanks ephedrine! I'm totally on mobile so I can't see your stats, but I look forward to working with you!

You know, I really thought I had dealt with the second chin with some subtle shading! Not at all effective when not looking solely at the face!

Hey welcome today is also day 2 for me as I restarted after letting myself down big time at the week end :( so keeping positive and focused!! Have a great day

Gill

:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey gill! Every day is a new start so don't beat yourself up about it! The food thoughts are starting to kick in now though, grr!

Ah bless I have made a plan for today, 1/2 bar for breakfast with coffee, 1/2 a bar for lunch with coffee and soup for dinner then milk shake for pudding plus loads and loads of water! Lol stomach sounds like a hot water bottle lol

Have a good day

Gill
Xx

People must think I'm crazy, I'm running to the bathroom all day! I wonder will I ever get less sloshy or is this something I'll have to get used to??!
I never thought of breaking up the bars, that would make a lovely substantial meal!

I know what you mean about loo :) its a necessary item!! Lol
Have fun x

Oh Want2beme your reasons sound all too familiar... I too have always been a great fan of eyeliner which I was led to believe (by my own head) makes you appear very slim! I got to this point too, bloody sick of being fat and not really acknowledging it, with an unhealthy dose of apathy thrown in its bloomin hard but remember how that night made you feel. This year is ours for the taking, you can do it!!!!

Prosecco said:
Oh Want2beme your reasons sound all too familiar... I too have always been a great fan of eyeliner which I was led to believe (by my own head) makes you appear very slim! I got to this point too, bloody sick of being fat and not really acknowledging it, with an unhealthy dose of apathy thrown in its bloomin hard but remember how that night made you feel. This year is ours for the taking, you can do it!!!!

That's what I'm trying to think of it as! I'll be 25 this year and I have no intention of meeting that birthday in my current state. Or the summer! Imagine walking along southbank, in a light flippy skirt, or cycling in pastel pedalpushers... There's so much I'm missing and I'm fed up!

End of day one. Had chocolate shake, vegetable soup and vanilla shake, three litres of water. Four cigarettes, no lipstick on, shower and bed immediately. I dont even want to start getting hunger pangs, down that road lies temptation!
Best if I just sleep it off for the next few days until I'm in ketosis and can function a bit better. Must order listerine strips, I've got a new team starting on Monday and I do not want to subject them to my death breath!
Overall not too bad - have told enough people about it to keep me to it, but not enough to make a spectacle of myself. That part will come later when I'm getting more beautiful every day :)
Happily I have tomorrow booked off, ostensibly to get a haircut but really to use up leftover holidays. I imagine staring at myself in a mirror for a few hours should keep me on the straight and narrow...

Goodnight darling slimmers, sweet dreams to all!

Just popping to say hello and welcome! :) Your introduction really made me smile...you have a great writing style, and I'll look forward to reading more of your diary as you go along.

As you probably know, the first few days are the hardest...not just because of the hunger, but because you've got to start to break all those associations and routines around food (morning tea break with a chocolate biscuit, take away on a Friday night...all that kind of stuff) but I promise you it does get easier.

Early nights are a great idea, I also go for long baths, painting my nails, reading a good magazine/book, cleaning the house (yes, anything to distract me from food!), browsing Minimins, and listing all the clothes on Ebay that are now too big for me :D

Here's to day two! Hope it's as successful as your first :)
x

Back