Tummy Ache/constipation (dont read if your squeamish!)

Jelliebabe

Gold Member
Hi all - I went from Wednesday to yesterday without having been for a poo. I'd got some tummy ache so I got some dulcolax and took two. OMG I woke in the night and it felt like someone was scraping my stomach out with a spoon. I did go this morning but stomach still hurts like I've done a thousand sit ups! How can I avoid the constipation in future? and what does everyone else use when it strikes?

I'd really rather avoid using laxitives altogether as last time I did CD I got into a pattern of cheating a bit and then using a laxitive to get rid of it. I dont want to do that again... HELP :jelous:

Hi ya,

Exactly the same thing happened to me.
My CDC gave me some fibre powder to add to my shakes, this only helped a little. But I have found since having the bars (one a day), I am going almost everyday. Are you having the bars yet? Try them if not.

:)

Dulcolax Pico Perles. I felt like I was dying when I took regular Dulcolax but the Pico Perles are milder. I only need to take one.

x

The CWP products do seem very binding, I think because they've got so much iron in.

The CWP powder is a good idea, it bulks things up rather than stimulates your gut, so it isn't like dulcolax or senna and can be taken every day long-term. I use fibre capsules [psyllium husk] from Holland and Barratt as I don't like the powder. The bars probably have lots of fibre in, and the kind of sugar CWP use also has a laxative effect, so I can see that might work.

I used the CWP fibre and it does work! Recommend it. Also, up your water intake as this helps prevent constipation also.

Back