Tummy aches

ellierose988

Silver Member
Hi all,
Really enjoying SW, feeling healthy, sticking to plan etc., but I've noticed that since I started I've been getting tummy aches quite a bit. I imagine it's to do with the fact that I'm eating lots of fruit and veg, but as far as you guys know, it's nothing to be worried about, right? And my body will probably get used to it soon? Thanks.

Is there a certain time of day you don't feel well? Or do they happen after you eat a specific food?

I'll get a yucky tummy after eating food that has too much fat in it, because I'm not used to it anymore. Also some coffee will do it to me.

Also, taking vitamins on an empty stomach makes me feel ill within 20 minutes.

Oh you another one who needs to poo? It's quite common, Honey. Join us in the poo thread!

LOL.

That actually cracked me up.

It's not a needing-to-poo tummy ache, it's just a general ache. and it's not the lower tummy either so it's not period-related... hmm. hope it wears off!

It's not really any particular time of day, seems to be random so far but I'll try and make a note of it from now on to see if it's a particular type of food. Thanks!

Quite a few of us having digestion issues ! Body going into spasms with all this healthy fibre rich food ! Am hoping mine is going to pass soon and I've had to eliminate a few foods already!
It must be diet related so no need to worry :)

I have been noticing the same problem this last few days, really bad cramps, really loud gurgly tummy then really loose movements (sorry if too much info!!)

I have been following SW since mid-November but this problem has only just started up. The only change I can think is more salad-y food as oppossed to vege's.

Surely greens are greens though??

xx

I too had digestion issues. This was in my first week and I felt constantly bloated. This is my second week and I have done a red week so far and feel much better. Could be co-incidence but a cut in carbs has seemed to help.

I think everyone's tummy gets a bit upset when they start SW - more fruit and veg, and more fibre than usual. I think it took a few weeks for mine to completely settle down. Now I only get a funny tummy or aches if I go off-plan, or if I eat more fibre than usual.

After having leek and potato soup today I'm having the symptoms on here! Very windy and I keep having to go for tiny no 2s. Sometimes just water,
. I'm sorry to be graphic but I get like this sometimes when I've had a lot of fruit ,veg and black coffee. Am I ok?

I think Maximus pointed out once that this is what "normality" feels like, it's just that none of us are used to it after years of filling ourselves with crap!

Someone at group was saying they were having tummy problems. Cramps and things, and it is just due to the massive change in diet. Years and years of bad eating is just working its way through, like a colonic!!! It will settle down soon. But keeping a food diary is vital as you can work out what foods trigger it too :)

Back