tummy tuck/boob job :-)

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Lilypad, 17 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    I have my consultation on thursday and wanted to pick the brains of those who have gone under the knife. i anticipate having the surgery in may, when I WILL be 2 stone lighter, but only just at the end of my 100 days, do you know if i have to 'eat' for a period of time before they'll do the surgery? Not sure what the policy is on surgery when SS. Anyone know?
    thanks
    kate

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

It depends on your overall health at the end of the 100 days....
    I have referred patients to surgery for gall bladder etc while they were on LL and its been no probs but if your general health is suffering in any way then you won't be allowed to go ahead with the surgery.
    What I would say from your ticker is that if you want to lose almost 2.5 stones wait until you have it all off as even losing 6lbs after a boob job can make them look like Victoria Beckhams.....

4. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hi Kate

I'm having a consultation with a surgeon re: a boob job on Thursday this week too :)

I've been told I can get a tummy tuck on the NHS if I keep my weight off for 2 years so may hold out for that. At least it gives me an incentive to maintain the loss I guess :rolleyes:

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

5. fluff

fluff Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Total
    Hi Kate

It's not quite the same - but I'm going into hospital in just over a week to have both knees operated on. Apart from one additional blood test in pre admission there doesn't seem to be any problem with being on LL - I can even carry on whilst in the hospital!

6. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Thanks all! Yes, Pixie, you are right! Although the consultation is on Thursday I'm hoping she'll schedule me in for early May, so i will be at my goal weigh (and I will!) Not sure I'm going for implants, think a lift is more liekly, although my husband would like me sporting a pair of F cups, he can bugger off, a reduction to a B/C would be my ideal, I want them to stay where they are after the lift!
    thanks again
    kate

7. loopytigger

loopytigger Regular Member

hi

:Dhi i have had both my tummy done and my boobs very happy with both made sure i was at my target weight first as i have lost a bit more weight since having them done not dieting i think im more happy and active.

Kath likes this.
  8. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My god! I've just noticed your weight loss, HOW FANTASTIC!!!! Well done :)

9. supermum

supermum Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Hi

Can youtell me how much your tummy tuck and boob job are going to cost ? I think I could do with both after I have finished this !:p

10. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Me too!

11. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Can i let you know on Thursday, I think tummy tuck is about 5K but as I don't know what I'm having done to boobs, can't guess. Lipo about 1.5K depending on how much she recommends I have done
    Kath-I'm going to Bupa Parkway at Solihull, just up the road for me :)
    kate

12. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Ooh that's just the other side of town from me. Now I just need to win the lottery to get £5000 :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.