1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Day Turkey Burgers or Meatballs

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by avisk, 23 August 2009 Social URL.

1. avisk

avisk xx

Slimming World
    I had a SW recipe for turkey burgers which I have used loads of times, but when I came to make them yesterday I realised I had forgotten to get any eggs, and the recipe requires an egg yolk, and I also didn't have an onion.

As I had the rest of the ingredients, and the turkey was heading for its use-by date, I improvised, as follows:

454g/1lb extra lean minced turkey
    1 bunch of spring onions, very finely chopped
    3 small courgettes, coarsely grated
    1 teaspoon soy sauce (more if you like)
    1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger (more if you like)
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    juice of half a lime (optional - there was a lime half looking a bit depressed in the fridge!)

Mix all the ingredients together very well, wrap in cling film and chill for at least an hour.

Shape into burgers (I make 8 small ones) or meatballs and fry in a hot pan with FryLight turning from time to time until brown on the outside and properly cooked through.

I found that the mixture held together just as well without the egg yolk in the original recipe, and the spring onion gave a milder taste than the original ordinary onion.

The grated courgette keeps the burgers nice and moist.

Hope you like it!!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. honeybubbles

honeybubbles Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    sounds delicous! I would like them with noodles and stir fry veges!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.