turkey pieces?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by my_girl, 23 July 2011 Social URL.

1. my_girl

my_girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ive got a pack turkey stirfry pieces in the freezer that I bought fresh from ASDA last week.

Ive also got some veg bits in the fridge to use up. can I use the turkey in the slow cooker or casserole or is it just for stif frying? I cant see anything on the packet to say but I dont want it to be tough as old boots if I cook it slowly?

Thank you x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bexyboo

bexyboo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12.5lb(25.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wouldn't of thought it would be a problem... its only called stir-fry as its cut into smaller pieces. I think that should be fine. Give it a go - Blame me i it doesn't work! :) x

4. MichelinMummy

MichelinMummy Full Member

Give it a bash!

I've never known any meat to go tough when cooked slowly :)

5. fairy3853

fairy3853 Full Member

Start Weight:
    107.73kg
    Current Weight:
    107.73kg
    Goal Weight:
    85.73kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    It will work fine hun, like said before, its just labeled as stir fry becouse its ready cut up for you. Slow cooking it wont make it any differet, and am i right in thinking that if you do have a tough piece of meat that if you cook it slowly it makes it less toug?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.