Turning a negative in to a positive?

Jenna88

Gold Member
Hey guys,
I've a job interview tomorrow and after reading up this seems to be a pretty common question but one that has stumped me. If you have ANY experience in answering a qu like this then I would be very grateful if you'd share. The role I'm being interviewed for is either food and beverage services or merchandise...so examples in either of those fields would be great but I'm literally open to ANYTHING!
Thanks in advance if I don't get the chance later as I'm off to catch a flight eeeek!

Think of something bad that happened (e.g. failing an exam, a horrible angry customer, an IT disaster which ruined all your work, etc.) and how you overcame it and most importantly, to make it positive, what you learnt from it and what steps you now take to stop it happening again.

I guess it could also be one of those "what's your biggest weakness?" questions, which are HORRIBLE, but no matter what you say you must turn it into a positive by saying how you have learnt or are learning to overcome the weakness.

Good luck!

well good luck with your interview tomorrow, sorry I cant help ...... I can sent positive vibes your way though lol :) X

Is it for Disney?

Good luck Jenna... just be yourself, as for the question, erm... I don't know it is a hard one, could you talk about something you've done in school.... maybe a child who's had some bad behaviour and rather then constantly sticking them in whatever punishment the school used, you found something they enjoyed which distracted them and used that as positive reinforcement for when their behaviour was better?

Sorry don't know if that makes sense....

how did your interview go? :) X

Back