Turnip/Swede & now cheese?

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Has anyone any secrets to cutting turnips?? I love the stuff but trying to cut it up half kills me!! The shops sell enough of it whole so im guessing there must be some deep dark secret to peeling and cutting it??:sigh:

I hate chopping swede too, but love eating it. They are only 34p ish in Lidl at the moment, rather than 80p odd in Tesco.

Thanks for the tips :) I have a lrge knife but looks like i'll have to go even bigger again and sharper :rolleyes: I dont suppose anyone knows of any ready made swede from supermarkets that is free? :rolleyes: :cool:

frozen, cubed swede is free as far as i know :)

Thx Beki.

Also what cheese does everyone use? Is the the half fat or just ordinary chedar?

for any cheese hard or soft i use the lowest fat version available whichever supermarket im in, i dont tend to just stick to one brand though cathedral city lighter is rather moreish so i tend to avoid that ! its WAY too yummy!

i use lidls half fat cheddar. not as rubbery as some lowfat cheeses and is full of flavour! gonna have an HEa portion sprinkled on my cheese and potato pie tonight mmmmmmmm

Back