TV Series Recommendations?

Vavaness

Gold Member
Just got seriously into 'Orange is the new black' and now I have no more episodes to watch :(
Anyone seen anything lately that they would recommend?
Thanks in advance :) x

I'm loving The 100.
Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.

The 100 - 4oD - Channel 4

Me too, I've just started watching this.

It's a shame Vikings has just finished that was brill, do you have Sky?

I was thinking of an answer to your question and realised that everything I have been watching recently is really old!

Edge of Darkness, House of Cards, Lovejoy and Bergerac on the Drama Channel - nothing current really appeals to me at all.

I second Breaking Bad! We're onto the last season and I can honestly say I would quite happily watch it again from start to finish - going to be heartbroken when we've finished it!

I was thinking of an answer to your question and realised that everything I have been watching recently is really old!

Edge of Darkness, House of Cards, Lovejoy and Bergerac on the Drama Channel - nothing current really appeals to me at all.

House of Cards is one I've been meaning to check out alright :)

I second Breaking Bad! We're onto the last season and I can honestly say I would quite happily watch it again from start to finish - going to be heartbroken when we've finished it!

I've seen Breaking Bad and loved it! Wish I could see it all over again for the first time... what a show! :)

I don't have Sky but do have a monthly subscription to Now TV which means I do get to watch some of the new stuff on catch up plus box sets of things too, although they tend to only throw box sets up with very limited time to watch it all before the new series start!

I've just finished watching True Blood up to the latest episode shown on Sky and have now started Falling Skies. Prior to True Blood I watched all 4 series of Spartacus which I thoroughly enjoyed... Manu Bennett = yummy!

Other stuff I have watched and really enjoyed over the last 12 months either via Now TV or on DVD - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Castle, with my usual weekly episodes of Bones, Criminal Minds, etc.

my next few I want to see, if they are on Now TV long enough are Prison Break, Banshee, Penny Dreadful, Cloud Street... Just when you think you are running out of stuff to watch they throw up tons of stuff you want to see, all at the same time, with limited time to watch them!

The plus side of £4.99 per month for the entertainment subscription means I no longer end up buying TV stuff on DVD as soon as it comes out and now just buy those I want for my collection when they are cheap!

Just got seriously into 'Orange is the new black' and now I have no more episodes to watch :( Anyone seen anything lately that they would recommend? Thanks in advance :) x

I'm also having orange is the new black withdrawal symptoms! I loved it! Need to know if there will be a season 3?!

Have to add sons of anarchy,really addictive and there now on season 7 (plus anything with Charlie hunnam in is worth watching!)

Criminal minds is brilliant and there's 7 seasons of that too. I like something you can really get into and has lots of episodes x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Have to add sons of anarchy,really addictive and there now on season 7 (plus anything with Charlie hunnam in is worth watching!)

Criminal minds is brilliant and there's 7 seasons of that too. I like something you can really get into and has lots of episodes x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oooh, how could I have forgotten Sons of Anarchy?! I've not seen season 6 yet as 5USA stopped showing it after the end of that season :( so will have to wait for the DVD to come out.

Criminal Minds is now up to season 9, last episode was shown a couple of weeks ago. Same with Bones. CSI the original is now on season 14 I think, and still going strong. The Miami version finished at 10 seasons and the New York version at 9 seasons I think from memory. Without a Trace is another one I absolutely loved. But then I love myself a good old crime drama!

The Wire and The Sopranos are fantastic if you can get hold of the boxed sets (and if you haven't already seen them). I really liked Fargo, which has only recently finished and is probably being repeated somewhere on Sky. Someone mentioned Prison Break earlier in the thread, which I highly recommend: it is preposterous, unbelievable nonsense and I couldn't stop watching it! Also the third season of Veep has just started which is wonderful (sort of an American version of The Thick of It, by the same writer).

Does it have to be new ones? You could watch some old classics that you've always heard about but just never watched! Such as friends, ER, will and grace, Fraiser, desperate housewives, house, without a trace, greys anatomy...

I've just finished Dexter and loved it. There's the Walking Dead, The Bridge (watched the Swedish one on Netflix), Game of Thrones, The Tudors.

I forgot about Luther - that was excellent (and had the added bonus of Idris Elba!). Also, The Following was great (utterly ludicrous, but great!).

Back