DarcyO

Slim & Save,
And all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring....
Except me!!!
Plodding round the kitchen deciding what to have for my "last supper"
Eeek!!!
I can not believe tomorrow is D-day!
I think I will dream about foo all night!!
Either that or lay awake guessing what losses will be like!!!
Good luck to all starting & re-starting!!!

XoXo
DarcyO

Good luck with the 'last supper' and with starting tomorrow!

Sorry I can't resist it,

Twas the Night before Slim and Save, And all through the house
Nothing was stirring, Not even a mouse
The sachets were laid On the counter with care
All in the hope A flat tum soon would be there

The slimmers were nestled, All snug in their beds
While pictures of food Danced around in their heads
Chocolate and crisps and sugar buns too
Had just disappeared right off the menu.

When over the lawn there came such a clatter
I jumped from my bed to see what was the matter
The postman was here and a parcel had he
Another weeks worth of sachets he did have for me

Handing over my package he jumped in his van
And away he did zoom so much faster than man
But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight
Happy Slimming to all, And to all a good night!

Cherry-Blossom said:
Sorry I can't resist it,

Twas the Night before Slim and Save, And all through the house
Nothing was stirring, Not even a mouse
The sachets were laid On the counter with care
All in the hope A flat tum soon would be there

The slimmers were nestled, All snug in their beds
While pictures of food Danced around in their heads
Chocolate and crisps and sugar buns too
Had just disappeared right off the menu.

When over the lawn there came such a clatter
I jumped from my bed to see what was the matter
The postman was here and a parcel had he
Another weeks worth of sachets he did have for me

Handing over my package he jumped in his van
And away he did zoom so much faster than man
But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight
Happy Slimming to all, And to all a good night!

Brilliant! :)

Hey Darcy

I am right there with you!

I had my last supper for lunch, didn't think of it as a last supper tho whereas normally I would, today has been a strange day??!!

Normally I would be craving something sweet and rummaging around to find something to satisfy me on and off all day, although have been doing VLCD part time since Monday last week, today my son went over to the shop and bought a double Snickers and kindly gave me his second bar, normally I would oblige and eat it straight away whilst feeling a little guilty, but it's still in its wrapper by the side of me and I DON'T WANT IT!!!! :eek:

I thought today my head would be in a place that says today is the last day for you to eat what you want so go for it and the end result would be that I ended up eating everything and anything and far too much of it, but quite the opposite? Don't get it!?

So should I just eat it even though I don't fancy it or give it back to him, hmmmmm........decisions, decisions

I have everything ready, hydracoach, scales, tape measure etc etc The camera is charged ready for those all important before photos.

Tomorrow morning GetSet...........Go!!

it's so exciting and nice how lots of us are starting around the same time. never thought about taking a picture, going to do it later. It'll be interesting to see the change in a few weeks. Should i wear what i normally wear, (leggings, baggy tunics etc) or something clingy so you can see my shape better?

If you don't want it give it back. I think when we're overweight we find it really hard to say no to food that is offered to us. We think that by saying no, leaving something on our plates, or giving food back, we will insult people. The truth is people will be proud of you if you can say no.
Look at those people that we're all jealous of because they're 'naturally skinny'. The only difference with them is that they can say no! No thank you I don't want that chocolate bar. Thank you but I'll leave the rest of that as I'm full now.

By even considering giving back the chocolate bar your mind is going into 'slim' mode which is it's natural setting. It's only societies pressure's that has taken us out of this. I mean how many people on here were told they couldn't leave the table until their plate was empty?

Keep it going!

it's so exciting and nice how lots of us are starting around the same time. never thought about taking a picture, going to do it later. It'll be interesting to see the change in a few weeks. Should i wear what i normally wear, (leggings, baggy tunics etc) or something clingy so you can see my shape better?

I took some pictures in some more clingy clothes so I could see my shape. Got to take some more tomorrow for some competitions I'm starting.

If you do a front view (including your face) and a side view you'll be able to see where you have lost the weight. And when you've lost it all you can stick them on your kitchen cupboards so every time you're tempted to eat naughty you can see who you used to be.

my3cherubs said:

I am going to be brave and wear my bikini for the shots, looks awful at the time you take it but makes the after photo look so much better :)

From taking progress photos every four weeks in 2008 I would personally wear something clingy so I could see my shape better. But entirely upto you, whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Must dig out my before and after photos for some motivation, my befored were taken in pants and a maternity bra! They were even splashed over two pages in Slim At Home magazine, how brave was I??!!??

Cherry-Blossom said:
If you don't want it give it back. I think when we're overweight we find it really hard to say no to food that is offered to us. We think that by saying no, leaving something on our plates, or giving food back, we will insult people. The truth is people will be proud of you if you can say no.
Look at those people that we're all jealous of because they're 'naturally skinny'. The only difference with them is that they can say no! No thank you I don't want that chocolate bar. Thank you but I'll leave the rest of that as I'm full now.

By even considering giving back the chocolate bar your mind is going into 'slim' mode which is it's natural setting. It's only societies pressure's that has taken us out of this. I mean how many people on here were told they couldn't leave the table until their plate was empty?

Keep it going!

I have handed it back! Go me!! ;)

You're so right. i was always told to eat everything on my plate. Just last week at the mother-in-laws i remember feeling full 3/4 of the way through my dinner but when she's sat there watching me eat, i felt i had to finish it. Clingy it is then

I was bought up with the same mindset! My Gran, who practically bought us up, insisted everything had to be eaten! Even to the point that if we didn't finish our evening meal we would get it for breakfast! Yuck!

Had the same situation with my dad on boxing day over my 5 year old who is a bit fussy with his food, due to alot of allergies as a baby, he tends to graze throughout the day which I don't discourage!!

He was given a plate of food for starters, far too much for him anyway and because he didn't like some of it and said he was full he was threatened with you will sit there and eat it or you will have it tonight! But you will eat it!!

That was continued for the main course because he was full he wanted to get down from the table, we had been sat there for nearly an hour, a long time for a 5 year old, he was told he will sit still and stay at the table or he would be duct taped to the chair, followed by the 1000's of starving children speech!

It was horrible!! :(

my3cherubs, I'd take the photo in something a bit hugging so that you can see your outline, then take the next photo in the same (by then looser) clothes and a new one with hugging clothes in your new size. I was too chicken to take photos though so only have the memories of me at my heaviest :eek:

Maka used a website to show what she could look like in a couple of months:

WeightMirror - Weight loss simulation and makeover tool

So you might get some inspiration from that?

Hi Just had a look at the weight mirror what a great tool the difference is amazing when you put your weights in lol

Hi Just had a look at the weight mirror what a great tool the difference is amazing when you put your weights in lol

When I made me as slim as I could be though (which is below my target weight) my face wasn't all wrinkly so I must have had a facelift halfway through I think! :D

Back