Twinmum's Diary - last time lucky

twinmum07

Silver Member
I did weightwatchers in 2010-2011 and lost just short of 3 stones. I then spent a while plateau-ing and lost my mojo. I left weightwatchers in early 2012 and tried calorie counting, slimming world (3 times), the cambridge diet, weightwatchers once more and then found the eating plan that worked for me - stuff your face. It was great, I was never hungry and had so much fun. There were a few drawbacks though - i used to be able to run and now walking exhausts me, i have gained 3.5stones and now my pre-2010 'fat' clothes are way too small. Every Monday morning I dread work - I love my job but each week feels like a lottery as to whether i will actually be able to squeeze into my trousers and make it through the day without them exploding - so far I am winning but only just.
After some long hard thinking at the weekend i have to accept I am no longer fitting into my size 18 'fat' clothes and I have 2 choices - bite the bullet and buy some clothes in size 20 or 22, whichever I actually am (given the extent of the squeezing into the 18s I suspect I would have to go all the way up to a 22), or get the weight off and fast.
I am worried that I have become a serial dieter and I am worried that my children will start to pick up on my bad food habits, associations and yo-yo-ing so I really feel that if it doesn't work this time then I have to accept that my size is my size and learn to accept that as I don't want to expose my children to repeated failed dieting. Also, I don't think it does anything for my confidence as I have wardrobes full of cheap clothes from sizes 12-18 and have never invested in clothes I love as I am always chasing the next size down. I have no size 18 tops, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of work trousers and 1 work skirt so I feel ultra-repetative and frumpy.

I went back to weightwatchers on Tuesday and weighed in at 14st12.5, which is my highest ever and is only a few pounds short of my weight just before I gave birth to the twins, in all honesty I looked way better 35 weeks pregnant with twins than i do now.

I really want this to work and I want to get my self-confidence back. My children are 5,5, and 2 so I don't want my weight to hold them back. I hate being around the other mums so avoid taking the kids to parties as I feel a wreck (and I have no clothes!)
I am much more confident at work as I am a teacher so I am a bit larger than life at work - I have no idea how I can be so confident in the classroom when I am totally devoid of any confidence out of it.

My marriage suffers as I find myself totally repulsive so I am sure my poor husband would love some of my confidence to return.

I know I can make weightwatchers work and I hope I can use this diary and forum to keep me on track. I am quite excited about my next weigh in on Tuesday as I hope it will confirm that I can do it and give me my first step on a long journey.
I have been good this week but hopefully not too good to make my body do anything crazy. I haven't used any weeklies yet and hope not to need to use many, if any, but I have been quite a lot under my 32 dailies each day so far. I just don't want to replace naughty snacks with ww bars and things as I want to break the habit so I have been using meals and the odd pack of quavers.
I have been using my pedometer and have quite a few activity points built up but, again, won't use those. I don't think my pedometer is set up right as I have it on average stride and find trying to change it too much hassle. If i am not using the points then it doesn't matter but just gives me a bit of inspiration to 'move more' so I have been more active at work this week.

I had been feeling great until last night, when i just suddenly turned then shock horror TOTM arrived this morning so I am battling the mega munchies and bloating today. The twins are having their birthday party tomorrow and have invited their whole class. We are catering it ourselves so my kitchen is full of very tempting, naughty food so not the best timing for uncontrollable munchies! I must resist!!!
we have a department meeting after work on Monday so i plan to take all the leftover food and cake into work and deposit it there so hopefully a double winner that I can get rid of all the temptation and make all my work colleagues fatter so I will look thinner!

Anyway, best stop warblingn on to myself on here and go do something useful! I have spent the day hiding upstairs from the temptation in the kitchen so my pedometer thinks I have died due to complete inactivity!

I have realised my diary is in the wrong section and should be in weight loss diaries not food diaries - ooops!

Anyway, resisted temptation at the twins party and all paid off as lost 8bs at my first weigh in tonight - yay!

Reasonable weigh in last week - lost 2.5lb but this week I have been unfocused, not been tracking and a sneaky peak on the scales shows a very scary gain. I need to do whatever I can to minimise the damage before weigh in on Tuesday

Put on 2lb last week. Have used all weeklies and some exercise points this week so not feeling hopeful this week either

Diary is still in the wrong place so not using it much as a result

Not been very good this week but at least I have tracked. I have used all my weeklies and dipped into the activity points which I don't usually use.
Am off with my son who is 'poorly' today so trying to avoid the lure of the biscuit barrel

Diary has been moved so can't use that as my excuse anymore.
I weigh in on a Tuesday normally so am going to do Thursday this week and next but determined that I don't munch all the way through to mid January! I have been really naughty in the whole run up to Christmas so expecting a huge gain.
We have had leftovers for lunch and binned the leftover leftovers! There are no deserts in the house but we have a fridge full of cheese calling my name but I might have some after weigh in on Thursday but will be tracking from tomorrow.
Luckily the only chocolates we were bought for Christmas were hazelnut ones and neither of us eat nuts so they are safe. The kids have a giant chocolate stash that I must stay out of though.
The gym re-opens tomorrow so hopefully I can try to start undoing the naughtiness then.
I am going to pop on the scales in a few hours as I weigh in at tea time so I can prepare myself for the horrific number on the scales tomorrow

Just been on the scales. I have gained 8lb. The cheese needs to go in the bin. I must be good

Official weigh in showed a 5.5lb gain last night so pleased I reduced the number and that isn't too bad for 2 weeks of not tracking. We went out for tea last night but going to pretend that didn't happen and make a new positive start to the week today.
We have tons of food 'stuff' in our cupboards so going to pretty much live off jars this week with lots of pasta so might need to use my weekly wine allowance for food.
I would live to get the 5.5lb gain back off this week but, if not, for the 1/2 week after when I swap back to my normal Tuesday class

I think most people have gained this week....I've put 7 lbs on!

Good luck for this week. X

Thanks Lisa

Feeling quite good. I stayed within my dailies yesterday and drank lots of water.

Nothing major planned for today but my husband is out tonight so hoping to get on the treadmill and do an exercise DVD once the kids have gone to bed

Had a salad for lunch for 3pp very saintly then made a huge batch of low point chicken curry for tea with butternut squash chips so my big bowl for tea was only 4pp. This all sounds great until I confess to finding a load of shortcrust pastry in the freezer that was about to go out of date so had to use that up. I hade 4 cheese quiches and might have eaten quite a bit of that - oops!
Luckily the rest of my day was low point so my dailies might cover it but if no I won't be far into my weeklies
I have been on the treadmill tonight to try to compensate but didn't make it through the whole of c25k week1run1. It doesn't really matter though, at least I have done something!
My ww leader needs leaflets putting through doors so I have volunteered to do that tomorrow so I can get out and about with the kids

Grrarr! Made Mexican for lunch and was much better than normal on the cheese portions but ate too much in general so only have 4 dailies left. Going to have soup and ryvita for tea then drink as much water as I can

Hi hunni I'm popping by to subscribe :D We're of the same height, a similar weight and have a similar goal at the same time, yayyy!! Like you I've done this before, lost the weight and then put it all back on, but not this time I am so determined. So I hope I can help give you motivation and encouragement and this time next year we'll be laughing!

Oh and well done on offering to deliver the leaflets, fab idea Xx

New Year's Eve didn't go we'll but on fairness could have been worse. I indulged in cake when we went down to my mums for her birthday and I caked with the kids and had to sample so racked up 40 points before we even got home. I then had a bottle of champagne and a takeaway so a total of 88 points
Anyway I have used all my weeklies and have only just broken even through exercise points. I am now in credit at least so this week should theoretically be a loss but I don't feel mega confident so tomorrow will tell
I have been to the gym tonight and am hoping to sneak a swim in tomorrow.

A sneaky peak on the scales this morning shows tonight should be a loss but I have no idea by how much. I am back to my normal Tuesday night class next week so it will be a short week and probably not so much of a loss. I will have to avoid my usual post weigh in treat to compensate!

Thanks for the follow Emma

I lost 3.5lb so was very pleased but over-celebrated with meal out and muchos vinos - oops. Need to claw it back by Tuesday

twinmum07 said:
Thanks for the follow Emma

I lost 3.5lb so was very pleased but over-celebrated with meal out and muchos vinos - oops. Need to claw it back by Tuesday

Well done :0)
Sure you'll he back on track you've done really well x
I can't wait to get the first weeks weigh in out the way! I'm not going to a meeting and trying not to sneek peek at the scales! Roll on Wednesday!

Back