Twitchy about going back to food

Donny B

Hi guys

I'm 9 weeks in and just over 5 stone lighter.

I want to lose another stone on TFR, this will just drop me into the normal BMI grouping.
The plan is then to go on to re feed and then maintenance.
While on the maintenance the aim is to very slowly drop weight.

So hear's is the crux of the matter. I'm very very nervous about returning to food.

First out i recon i'm 3 weeks away from hitting the target set for the TFR.
All being well it will have meant i will have been on TFR for 3 months.

How long should i run the refeed for? The standard one week or longer ?
I have seen people say that if you lose a lot of weight you should do longer refeed.

So there you go a 43 year old man is worried about eating again. Not so much the refeed but the maintenance is realy playing on my mind as my work and life style are not conjusive to healthy living.

Donny

Well done Donny on losing 5 stone in 9 weeks:happy096:

Having lost over 7 stone on Lipotrim and gaining it all back on I would recommend following the maintenance schedule for another couple of months to make sure you have stabilised your weight and feel confident in yourself that you have changed your old eating patterns for good...it would also help you stay on track if you get your pharmacy to weight you every week or as it suits you...the weigh-in will help you still feel accountable for it is so easy to fall back into the old eating patterns again.

Lipotrim guidelines are quoted below...

After refeeding there are two alternatives:

1.After refeeding, begin by replacing any 7 meals per week with Maintenance Formulas or caramel bars

This permits you to remain in control of your total weekly caloric intake.

3. After 7 days, you need to return to the pharmacy to be weighed:

a. if your weight has remained stable, continue in this manner;
b. if your weight continues to drop, reduce the Maintenance Formulas to 6 for the next 1 or 2 weeks - repeat the sequence, substituting one traditional meal for a Formula until your weight remains stable;
c. If your weight increases, then you must replace meals. Replace 9 meals with Formula for 2 weeks. If still not stable, substitute for 11 meals.

Find your appropriate level of Maintenance Formulas for weight stability. Then make sure that you attend the pharmacy once a month for a check. Always adjust your schedule to previous month's weight stability.

4. Maintenance Foods as a regular part of daily eating:

The range of nutritious, low Calorie, high soluble fibre foods, available can be a valuable way to assure you continue receiving all the essential nutrients your body requires. This gives you the freedom to eat foods you enjoy without having to be concerned over details such as whether you have had enough selenium today, for example. It will also help you keep control your weight long after weight loss. (ask your pharmacist for details).

Source: Lipotrim

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-refeeding/24170-refeeding-after-lipotrim-total-food-replacement-without-excessive-weight-regain.html

OMG you put it all back on.

I will do all i can to not let this happen.

From the start i decided that this would take a year to get everything in balance.

So as of a month ago im going to gym regularly and im burning what i take in on the days i go to gym. Usually 3 times a week.

Im trying to put into place changes that will last me for the rest of my life.

Not sure i could do this again. not sure i would want to.

As for putting it back on again, well I am weighing in my old cloths at a place that buys them by the kg.
Not sure how much i will get but what ever it is i will use it to treat myself.

neway all i cam on to say was thanks for such an informative reply.

Donny B

Hi Donny, you have done amazingly well and I'm a bit jealous of the rate of your loss to be honest!! :D

If I were in your shoes I would extend the refeed for two weeks just to be safe, but there's no hard research that proves that refeeding for two weeks instead of one is beneficial in keeping the weight off. Once it's off and you're done with refeed (however long you decide to do it for), maintenance is the most important stage because it's all too easy to let old habits start to slip back in and ruin your hard work. Some people find it helps to have a leeway in mind that you will allow yourself, e.g. 7lbs maximum regain following LT, and if they go above that then they either cut back considerably or do another week or two on LT (or however long is needed). It might take a few weeks after LT for you to figure out how much you can eat in order to keep your weight stable, but once you've figured this out you're armed with the info you need to stay at your goal weight long term. Any weight increase in the short term following LT, even if it's small, will mean that the weight will keep creeping back on if you carry on as you are, so as with Mini's post you'll need to keep making small changes if this happens until you reach the point of stability.

Good luck!

Kozza
xxx

Donny - That's an amazing weight loss in such a short space of time... My weight is coming off much slower than yours but I can see that you're doing a lot of exercise!

I am also worried about putting weight back on after LT - it's natural I suppose because we work so hard at getting it off! Do you mind me asking if you have got much loose skin? Your starting weight and height is similar to mine...

my best advice is to try and not get stressed about it (easier said than done) I had the worst eating habits before tfr and I was on it for about 8 weeks and been back on food now for a couple of months and things are so much different I totally feel in control and if I want a treat I just go for an extra long run! I followed the refeed for 7 days and used the maintanence products for 2 months x I have lost half a stone since coming off tfr good luck and well done on your loss x

Back