Two and a half stone lost!

megli

Just coming up to two months on the diet....(started 22nd July)...and I have lost 35lb! I've gone from 17 stone 9lb to 15 stone 2lb. I am thinner than I have been at any time since 2006.

Alas, this is not *quite* half way to my goal (that's around the 14.12 mark, which I should reach in two weeks) but it feels great. Only trouble is, you always have your eye on the horizon....when I was in the 16s I desperately wanted to be in the 15s...and now I'm approaching the lower end of 15 stone, the 14s shine afar like some promised land. I try not to ask myself how I could have had the temerity even to go out the door at nearly 18 stone, but it's hard not to.

I'm surprised it's only taken two months to lose 2.5 stone: why the hell did I mope around for years and not do it earlier?! That's what I keep asking myself.

Onwards and...downwards ;)

Hey there hun, wow - what an achievment, that is amazing! I bet you're very proud of yourself, I know I would be if I'd managed to lose so much in so little time!

I think its good to keep your eye on reasonable goals though, you know, you achieve what you want then you aim for the next step - I think its best to take things in steps anyway then you won't get overwhelmed by not succeeding quickly enough by setting yourself an unreasonable goal.

I need to lose 4 more stone, I've already lost 1 - I'm not thinking in "losing 4st" though, I'm thinking it through 1stone at a time although admittedly I've been on a non changer these last couple of days!

I understand what you mean about going outside when you're larger, I am surprised at myself for letting myself get to 14st and then going out and facing people with my huge backside and thunder thighs! I mean, where did I get the brass for that from?! Seriously though, I think sometimes you don't really notice how big you are until it slaps you in the face, literally from a photo or video footage. I HATED the shape of me when I saw it and instantly knew I had to do something about it, so here I am now just over 1st lighter and already looking and feeling better.

Like you said...onwards and DOWNWARDS!! Stick at it hun and you'll be at your goal weight in no time, you've done so well, you can only keep going now! :) x

We want B&A's :bliss: :bliss:

Well done!

Down down down down down! xxx

Hi Megli, well done, that's fantastic.

It's no good regretting that you could have lost weight before, just be happy that you did decide to make the change. Thousands of people never find that moment in their lives to make a change and lose weight but you have and that's what matters.

Well done you. x

Wow! Well done you've lost so much weight no wonder you're so pleased!! Having before photos was the best thing I did, everytime I think of over eating I have the image of my fatter self in my head and it puts me off he he! Good luck with the rest of your journey :0)

Well done, keep up the good work

Cheers!! When i can post pics I will! Just been looking at the 'before' ones....Christ.

Megli, you need 50 posts I think before you can do photo's

in fact I don't think you can even see my photo's until you've had 50 posts. :)

Well done Megli, what a fantastic achievement. I love popping on here and reading the sucess stories.

As for regretting you hadn't done it before, then I think that is the same for most of us. I knew if I didn't do something now, I would just get bigger and bigger each year.

That's brilliant, well done :D Strangely, we started off the same weight lol 17st 9lbs :eek: I am now 37lbs down at 15st exactly, but started before you. I know exactly what you mean about always having your eye on the horizon - I feel exactly the same. Some days I think to myself "wow you've done so well so far, looking good!" and other days I think "but you're still 15st luv, by other peoples standards you're still a lard-ass!" I'm just learning I think, I need to take it day by day and one day I WILL get to my goal!

Well done on your amazing weight loss, such an inspiration to everyone

Oh God, Sher, that's exactly it. I'm down to 14.12 as of just now, and while with the clothes on it all looks a damn sight better, with the clothes off...not so good. I reflect that my entire life I've been going up or going down: when I was 15 I was 15.7, and I lost all that and got down to about 11.7. I was 11 or 12 stone for two or three years, then gradually crept up to 13, then 14...etc. But putting on 6 stone in a decade was a bit much, really.

Very best of luck---when are you aiming to reach you goal? 6th of January for me.

Well done Megli and Sher, you both had similar starting weights to me, i was 17.5 and i started end of May. Now im 12.8, and getting close to target. Its a fantastic feeling, and it can happen so quickly as you have found Megli.

God, Lynn, that's incredibly fast! Well done you!

I really hope I'll be typing on here at Christmas time that I'm about where you are now. I'm so sick of being bloody fat! (Aren't we all?)

Oh God, Sher, that's exactly it. I'm down to 14.12 as of just now, and while with the clothes on it all looks a damn sight better, with the clothes off...not so good. I reflect that my entire life I've been going up or going down: when I was 15 I was 15.7, and I lost all that and got down to about 11.7. I was 11 or 12 stone for two or three years, then gradually crept up to 13, then 14...etc. But putting on 6 stone in a decade was a bit much, really.

Very best of luck---when are you aiming to reach you goal? 6th of January for me.

Aaw ty hun, very very best of luck to you too, WE CAN DO THIS!! :D I'd like to be in the 12 stones by Christmas, not sure it's going to happen but I'm gonna give it a damn good try! After that I will set a new goal. I'm thinking probably 10 stone as an end result but I'll see what happens when I get there. (Seems so unreal to type that!) What weight are you GOING to be on 6th Jan hun? :)
Do you think that while our bodies seem to have lost weight quite quickly, our minds take a bit more time to catch up to us?

Back