Type 2 diabetes info..........

Dizzy1968

Silver Member
Hi all, well I thought I better let people know a bit of my experience so far, just incase someone else with type 2 is considering this diet.

When i went for my first consultation at the chemist the consultant thought she should check with the lipotrim team about my diabetic meds, I take 3 different ones a day.

She rang the lipotrim doc and was told to tell me to stop ALL my meds there and then whilst on this diet, this shocked me and her also as this was an extreme move, we agreed that I would stay on my meds but would contact my nurse and let her know what's what and also instead of testing my blood sugar every week as before i would test several times a day and see what was happening.

This I have done over the least 17 days I have been on LT

Mean while my diabetic nurse did some research and found out that in some cases ( not all) a crash diet can shock the pancreas into working a bit better again.

So the test case ( me) began.

After a few days on LT my bloods were starting to get low and after a week and a half they were getting scarily low so stopped one of my tablets ( a two a day one), did this for 3 days and bloods in right range again and holding.

Filled nurse in on progress and she has now advised that i try and stop another one of my meds ( a one a day one) so I am doing that for the next 3 days to see.

At the end of the day, even after a lot of weight gone, I will still have to have my insulin tablet each day, I am diabetic, it wasnt brought on through a weight problem in the first instance but due to genes, so it isnt something I will ever wave good bye to.

So basically what this post was about was to firstly warn people to please do not take what the LT "doc" says as gospel, always check with your own GP etc.

And to let people know that this could help kick their pancreas up the a*se, which is somethng I have never known before.

Hope this helps someone xxx

2 days without 2nd tablet and bloods are going well.

Hard to believe I wasnt told this before, when doing any other diet i never managed to reduce my meds, so loving this!

It is a very well kept secret! Some think the drug companies want it to stay a big secret, I wonder why? ;)

This isnt just you, this is what happens, its truly fantastic!

Also, results show, you wont need meds after either!

It is a very well kept secret! Some think the drug companies want it to stay a big secret, I wonder why? ;)

This isnt just you, this is what happens, its truly fantastic!

Also, results show, you wont need meds after either!

thanks for thats, and yes can see your point indeed!
They seem to think that as I was around 11stone when diagnosed a good few years ago that it will probably be safer to keep me on one metformin ( which is my insulin replacement) a day, if of course I can carry on and get back to 11 stone, at present I take 3 a day, so one would just be heaven for me really and wouldnt complain!

The two I have taken away are the stimulant one, which encourage my pancreas to produce insulin for longer.

I am also doubly pleased about all this as the last time i saw my nurse for blood checks, which was about 2 weeks before starting LT we had the awful talk about going over onto insulin injections as bloods still not fully under control, so you can see why I am so so chuffed about this x

Thanks Clo I am really pleased, and just feel generally better in myself, one because of the weight coming off but two because the meds are hard on me as well as needed if that makes sense! And my skin, that since the age of 13 has always been bad is really clear and lovely, party due to the water in take, i presume partly because of all the gallons of green tea i drink but also because of the sugars being nice and even.

How are you doing now? has the nasty weigh in feeling passed? I am hoping you get a wow week next week just to reasure you that this is working for you, as, as i have said all along if i found that it was only a couple of pounds a week I would switch to an eating diet instead, really good luck, i am routing for you xx

Back