Ud dd alternate?!

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Just wondering whether you all alternate your days - I've been reading up on the 5:2 diet 5 ud and 2dd just wondered what you were all doing and what your results were like I commence this tomorrow starting with a dd! X

I have done both alternating and 3 days on 4 days off. For me as i don't have much to lose alternates work better. Just at this time of year too many social occasions.

Going on holiday on tuesday and my plan for when i get back is to wing it until the 7th jan as many DD as possble but at it is my borthday the 6th and new years eve the week before there may eb some double ups. Then 7th strict alternates until i achieve my 2013 goals whenever possible

I am thinking 5:2 for maintenance but will adjust to what suits me best for the long term and fits in with my running goals

5:2 certainly works as it gives a calorie deficit, however I personally feel happiest on Mon/Wed/Fri Down Days, the remainder eat normally. There are lots of ways to do it, but they all aim for a calorie deficit. 5:2 was actually a plan for health NOT weight loss as featured in the Horizon Programme in July...weight was lost by the Presenter as a result however this was not the aim of the plan, whereas Dr Johnsons alternate day diet is designed for weight loss but does also have health benefits!

5:2 certainly works as it gives a calorie deficit, however I personally feel happiest on Mon/Wed/Fri Down Days, the remainder eat normally. There are lots of ways to do it, but they all aim for a calorie deficit. 5:2 was actually a plan for health NOT weight loss as featured in the Horizon Programme in July...weight was lost by the Presenter as a result however this was not the aim of the plan, whereas Dr Johnsons alternate day diet is designed for weight loss but does also have health benefits!

Ah ok that makes sense I've ordered the alternate days book - and was told about 5:2 by a friend at work so I've only just started looking into it!

But what you saying does make sense - I'm thinking ill alternate then - do you ever do two ud in a row followed by two dd - I'm just think over Xmas alternate may not be the easiest thing but as long as I make sure I do the usual number of up and down should I be ok?!

What have your losses been like?!
And what sort of things do you eat on dd?! And ud?! Do you really eat whatever you fancy!! Xx

Back