ultimate makeover chocolate brownies

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by geordie_lass21, 1 January 2011 Social URL.

1. geordie_lass21

geordie_lass21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to get the Good Food magazine and made the most delicious lasagne (ultimate makeover lasagne - see link The ultimate makeover: Lasagne recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food)

I did a good search and found some other of the "ultimate makeover recipes".

Came across this one for chocolate brownies that uses mayonnaise instead of butter. i havent measured the syns but its something i might make in the new year. reading some of the comments people used light mayo and even extra light mayo. one person reduced the sugar and added pureed dates (not sure of this myself) and some people tried it with vlf yoghurt.

I think i will make this (not today as kick starting the diet and this will be a fair few syns but thought i would share as i will be making this in the near future).

The ultimate makeover: Chocolate brownies recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. grumbletumble

grumbletumble Silver Member

Diet:
    SW- Green
    I had a quick check....i could be wrong (still have a hangover!:jelous: please correct me if i'm wrong!) But here's what i got
    People said they used milk with a bit of lemon juice in instead of buttermilk- so i didn't count that as it would be h.e.a.

85g dark chocolate , 70% cocoa solids, chopped into small pieces (18.75)
    85g plain flour (13.5)
    25g cocoa powder (4)
    ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
    100g golden caster sugar (17)
    50g light muscovado sugar (8.5)
    ½ tsp coffee granules
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tbsp buttermilk (milk with lemon juice) (h.e.a)
    1 egg
    100g mayonnaise (I used Hellman's) (13.5)
    =
    75.25 divided into 12 = 6.27

6.5syns each

I wonder how big they are? 6.5 isn't to bad for a brownie ( as long as you only have one! :D)

4. geordie_lass21

geordie_lass21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ooh thank you. i dont think thats too bad for a chocolate brownie (could have two of them and be within allowance). after i get over the first week of Jan I might make them. :)

5. grumbletumble

grumbletumble Silver Member

Diet:
    SW- Green
    Let me know how you get on! I wonder how long they last? There's only 2 of us in our house...i'm not sure i'd want 1 every day for 6 days!

I wonder if you could split the recipe and use a smaller tin or even cupcake cases hmmm

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.